Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Just finished first cycle of clomid....anxious!!
Sherr12 posted:
Hi!
After 7 years of off and on ttc my Husband (34) and I (32) decided to try clomid. I just finished my first cycle 2 days ago and taking daily ovulation tests. I am very anxious. Does anyone have any advice? I have been reading blog after blog posts and discussions and just keeping my fingers crossed tightly that this helps us. My OB is not very informative and will be changing if I do concieve!
Thank in Advance
Baby Dust to all~~~~~~~~~

maragayle responded:
My first advice would be to find an OBGYN you're comfortable with. Make sure they take as much time as you need to get all of your questions answered. An RE would be even better if your insurance covers it or you can afford the cost out of pocket. They're far more knowledgeable and are sensitive to what you're going through. The OBGYNs I've encountered generally want to deal with healthy, "normal" women and are really limited in their knowledge of infertility issues. Switch now. That way you'll know your doctor and be confident in their ability BEFORE you're pregnant. It will make pregnancy smoother!

Don't freak out if it doesn't happen right away. With consistent O (ovulation), the average woman can take up to six months to get pregnant. Oing isn't a guarantee for conception. It can also take time to find the dose that works for you. You may find that Clomid doesn't work at all, but other medications may. Clomid for me was unreliable to induce O, even on the higher levels. I didn't get a BFP (positive pregnancy test) until I had been using Femara (similar to Clomid) for 4 months with consistent O. Sadly, we lost our pregnancy and are starting from square one.

Obsessing comes easy with TTC. Feel free to vent. These ladies are awesome at offering support, suggestions and answering questions. Welcome to our little community. I've also find that being busy helps. The busier the better for me. It helps me to relax and think less about everything we're going through.
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,BFP 10/4, MC 10/8, waiting to try again

Spotlight: Member Stories

HI! I am Meg. And I would like to be a mom more than ANYTHING! We have completed 1 full round of clomid and will begin round 2 in May. The first ro...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.