Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Back-to-back IUI's
mrs62610 posted:
Had another U/S this morning. 16mm follicle. They wanted me to do another Bravelle shot this morning and do the Ovidrel this evening. Then we do an IUI tomorrow and Monday morning. We have to be there at 8am tomorrow but at least we get an extra hour of sleep because of the time change!
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 18 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. On 5th round Femara, 3rd IUI. Adding FSH injections this cycle. Started on thyroid meds. Follicle check on 10/31

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
Awesome! Good luck!!
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 15 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, 4th round 100mg Clomid - BFN, 5th round Clomid 100mg - on 2ww, test 10/26

mrs62610 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Thanks, Leah!
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 18 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. On 5th round Femara, 3rd IUI. Adding FSH injections this cycle. Started on thyroid meds. Follicle check on 10/31

maragayle responded:
Best of luck!
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,BFP 10/4, MC 10/8, waiting to try again

mrs62610 replied to maragayle's response:
Thanks! IUI number 2 done this morning. I go in for the blood test on the 19th. We went ahead and set up a consult appointment with my dr for IVF. We talked with the finance lady in the office and she said we could not have better insurance and IVF would consist of 2 outpatient procedures of $175 co-pay each plus our regular co-pays for the meds and routine procedures!!! I was so happy I almost cried! I was worried if it came down to IVF we wouldn't be able to afford it. I'm still hoping we don't have to go there but at least there is an alternative plan!

att76 replied to mrs62610's response:
Hey good luck with everything! If you don't mind me asking what were the counts?

You are super luck with the IVF being covered under insurance! EVERYTHING we have done has been out of pocket. We will be heading into IVF most likely next cycle (actually probably not until 2013), or at least that is what I want to do. I asked DH the other day what he wanted to do and he said quit. I asked if he was serious and he said yes, then said this wasn't the time to be asking (we were at a bar). He is at his pheasant hunt right now, but when he gets home today I will be asking again! I just don't think I am ready to quit quite yet!
Me(36), DH(37), TTC 23 months,IUI 10/26 (letrozole 5 mg), test 11/9

mrs62610 replied to att76's response:
Sunday's count was 2.3 million (We were shocked they were so low!) Today's was 7.8 million. Even today's was low compared to the 2 SA's he has had. DH felt bad that his counts were low and asked the NP if there was anything he could do to raise it. Of course he does't drink, smoke, have high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. All the things she listed as common factors didn't apply to him! Another weird thing is that prior to Sunday we had abstained for 4.5 days. Then it was only 24 hours and the count shot up 3 1/2 times! With the numbers being so unpredictable that just pushes us more into the IVF direction. We will find out on the 19th if this cycle is successful, if it's not then we will start the IVF process in 2013 as well.

I'm sorry your DH is getting burnt out. Maybe going hunting and having the weekend to relax will help him feel better about it. As much of a pain all of this is I wouldn't want to stop ttc until I had explored all my options. Hopefully this cycle will work for you and you won't have to worry about it. That's what I'm shooting for anyway!

maragayle replied to mrs62610's response:
I'm jealous of your insurance! I'm scared of what IVF would cost. Since we got the BFP at the beginning of October, I'm more hopeful now that it won't come down to that. Fingers crossed, anyway!

maragayle replied to att76's response:
I think my DH knows better than to tell me to take a break. He'd be all for it if I suggested it, but I think he knows stopping isn't an option. That comment would not be well received!

However, do you know if you want to go through with IVF? DH and I have had long discussions about this. Ultimately, I don't think we'd do it. IVF usually ends up being $35,000 or so. That's for a chance that you may get pregnant. We're more apt to take that money and invest it in adoption, which can be about the same amount of money. Lots to think about. If you feel strongly about making it happen, though, do it! Otherwise, you'll regret it later on in life and have to live with the "what ifs."

mrs62610 replied to maragayle's response:
I was worried what it would cost even knowing we had "good" insurance! The lady told me that IVF normally costs somewhere between $16,000 and $19,000! I feel extraordinarily blessed to only have to pay $350 for the retrieval and transfer and my normal co-pays. I was in a state of shock when the finance person told us that!

Since you have gotten a BFP you probably don't have to worry about IVF? It does seem like a less likely possibility anyway. Definitaely fingers crossed for you!
Me-24 DH-38 TTC 1st for 18 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. On 5th round Femara, 3rd IUI. Added FSH injections this cycle. Started on thyroid meds. Blood test 11/19

Leah25Brooke2 replied to mrs62610's response:
I've read that BDing every couple of days actually increases the sperm count. I don't know pysiologically why, but that is what I've read. I read that abstaining for several days lowers the sperm count. So maybe thats why it was higher the second time around. You'd have to ask the Dr/nurse to be sure if thats true or not. Seems like it is though.
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 15 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, 4th round 100mg Clomid - BFN, 5th round Clomid 100mg - on 2ww, test 10/26

mrs62610 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
I'm not sure either but it sounds good to me! Normally we do BD every other day or so, sometimes every day but last week was sooo busy we were too exhausted!

I'm feeling pretty good right now. (Not in the sense that I think this is it, but that I'm just not worried about it) There is so much other stuff going on in our lives right now that TTC is no longer my main source of stress. I keep telling myself that it will happen when the time is right and it just hasn't been our time yet. I just try to keep praying about it and put it all in God's hands. Meanwhile, we will keep trying until we run out of things to try. As the saying goes, "Pray to God, but row for shore"
Me-24 DH-38 TTC 1st for 18 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. On 5th round Femara, 3rd IUI. Added FSH injections this cycle. Started on thyroid meds. Blood test 11/19

Leah25Brooke2 replied to mrs62610's response:
I agree. I am feeling way not stressed - after my breakdown (haha) I realized I just need to put it in Gods hands and relax. We aren't opposed to trying other medication, but we feel we just need a period of not really taking a break, but just trying on our own with faith in God. I feel really happy, grateful for my daughter, and full of faith. I, too, know that when it's suppose to happen, it will. The waiting is hard, but it's something that is worth the wait. Good luck to you this round.
I don't know my CD day, but AF just ended. I will probably be going off CM, etc for the next couple of months and see what happens.

att76 replied to mrs62610's response:
Those counts are low. The last 2 IUIs we did DH's count was around 4 million. He made the comment that since he quite chewing his counts have been way low! They were better with the nicotine!!

I am not holding out hope for this cycle. I am not really having any signs or symptoms and just don't "feel" it! I am going to have to have the conversation with DH this week, I am due to test on Sunday.

I am not going to let DH cop out on me. I want to do everything possible to make it happen. I know IVF is expensive, but I think we could manage. We will see when we have "the talk".

att76 replied to maragayle's response:
It wasn't well recieved when he told me that. HOwever, I wasn't going to get into this big fight out in public over it. He is home now and I will be talking to him about it.

It amazes me how your DH is into talking about the whole baby thing. Not that DH doesn't want a baby, but he doesn't want to have to talk about those things. I guess it is the man in him, but it really does piss me off about him. He just looks at me and is like "do we really need to make that decision now?" Well this time he won't get out of it so easily.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey, my name is Linsey and I've been married for 5yrs the 20th of this month and we have a 3yr old little curly headed boy that we love to death. ...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.