Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
2ww going by quick, for once!
mrs62610 posted:
I'm already down to 5 more days until the blood test. I've felt mildly crampy off and on today and the last couple days. Starting yesterday I felt like I was getting a cold, (heavy sinuses, sneezing and general crappy feeling) I sneezed a bunch this morning but am feeling better this afternoon. I'm sure it is the weather changing and I've been super stressed lately so I think I'm run down. There has been a bug going around, too.

I've been doing really well about not obsessing over any symptoms this time!! My DH asked if I was itching to test and I told him I'm not. I think I'll just wait for my blood test.

How is everyone? I've been watching the other threads but some of them are gettting REALLY LONG! Thought I'd start a new one.
Me-24 DH-38 TTC 1st for 18 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. On 5th round Femara, 3rd IUI. Added FSH injections this cycle. Started on thyroid meds. Blood test 11/19

maragayle responded:
Good call on the new thread!

If you're anything like me, it's those last 2-3 days of the 2WW that are the killer. Though, like you, I tend to be thinking less about it lately. Maybe just too much going on elsewhere in life? Who knows. I'll take it, though. The constant obsessing is draining.

DH and I just got over a nasty cold. It lasted 2 weeks and included horrid chest congestion. Definitely glad that's over before Thanksgiving and the BDing that's coming in the next few weeks.

I'm just waiting for AF. I've been spotting for 3-4 days, but nothing heavy yet. Hopefully she's in full swing soon. I had a rough day yesterday. I realized this week would have been our first real ultrasound where we got to see the baby. Most days I'm okay, but some days are still a bit hard. I feel a little foolish saying that since I didn't know I was pregnant that long, but when you've waited as long as we have... Well, you know.
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,BFP 10/4, MC 10/8, waiting to try again

mrs62610 replied to maragayle's response:
I know what you mean, at least my last couple of days will be weekend days and hopefully I'll be too busy to even think about testing. We are having DH's family at our house on Thanksgiving day so we have to get the house in order this weekend!

I'm praying it doesn't turn into anything. I feel better this afternoon but we'll see. That's great that you guys are better now! I've been sick over the Holidays before and it's definately not fun! BTW, Happy BDing!!

I hope AF shows up soon. I'm sorry you had a bad day. You don't need to feel bad about feeling bad! I have never had a miscarraige but I can imagine it would be heartbreaking no matter when it happens, especially when you have tried for so long.
Me-24 DH-38 TTC 1st for 18 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. On 5th round Femara, 3rd IUI. Added FSH injections this cycle. Started on thyroid meds. Blood test 11/19

maragayle replied to mrs62610's response:
We invited DH's family for Thanksgiving, but they turned us down. It's kind of driving me crazy. My MIL keeps saying she misses DS, but she's not really making an effort to come see him. It's hard to feel bad about it. We may try to get together for a dinner out with them on Sunday. That's my last attempt. If they really want to see us, they know where we are! It's just going to be me, DH, DS and my father this year. I'm okay with low key holidays!

My weekend's mostly going to be spent cleaning and organizing, too. I want to dig out the Christmas decorations on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, so everything needs to be scoured this weekend. At least it's something to occupy our time, I guess! I'm also one of those crazy Black Friday shoppers. I've been planning a list for weeks. My coworker and I have gone together the last two years. It's kind of a tradition now.

Sometimes it's nice not having tons of people for Holidays. Originally Thanksgiving Day was supposed to be just my FIL and MIL, now DH's brother and his wife and her son are coming. Still not a huge crowd, but more than I was expecting. Oh well! You are right about your in-laws, if they want to visit they know where to find you! You can only make so many attempts before it becomes irritating. (We have family like that, so I know where you are coming from)

I have to do the extra cleaning this weekend too, DH repairs/builds computers for people so he has towers and parts sitting around randomly throughout the house!

I LOVE BLACK FRIDAY!! It's just me, my mom and my SIL who go and we have a blast! Last year we went to Walmart for the 10pm and midnight sales then went back to my parents and slept for a couple hours then went back to JCPenney, etc!

I'm out ALL night. We'll leave around 10:30PM and not get home until 6-7AM. In Maine, the stores can't legally open until 12AM Friday, so there are a bunch that open all at once. I have quite the list going. Hopefully my credit card won't melt by the end of the night/morning.

I just called the RE's office and am waiting on a return phone call. I've been spotting for 4-5 days now with NO heavy flow. In fact, today it appears as though it may be slowing down some. I'm getting some pink/red on the paper, but nothing serious enough to have to use a tampon or pad or anything. I'm getting frustrated! I don't know if I should start the Femara or wait for a heavier flow. If I wait, how long should I wait?! Being through this for over two years, you'd think I should be out of questions by now. Ugh! Luckily, they're usually pretty prompt about returning phone calls. They'll let me know by the end of the day.

chaos612 replied to maragayle's response:
Im doing ok waiting for my O so i can do IUI they want me to do follicle exams now but last time we did it too early so i missed out now i dont know when to do it since my cycle so off i just dont want to miss it again. i know the feeling i was just thinking yesterday my baby would have been 5 months on the 13th. so you will have some bad days becuz its going on a year since i MC and i ahve been TTC for 2 years also

I wish they hadn't started opening Thanksgiving evening. I know some think it's nice but I feel bad for the workers who have to show up on that day! I know I wouldn't want to. My salon is going to be closed Friday too, I figure after being up all night it wouldn't be a good idea to have scissors in my hand!

That's annoying about AF. (If you can call it that) It is nice about the RE that they get back to you so much faster than the OBGYN. Even when I go to have blood drawn (always before 8:30) I usually hear back by 1pm!! Let me know what they say!

att76 replied to mrs62610's response:
Hey guys! I thought I would join the conversation!

For Thanksgiving, DH and I are going to my sister's house with her 2 boys and husband, plus my mom. My mom is in a nursing home right now and my other siblings really don't think about her much and about her getting out. So my sister and I are doing Thanksgiving and inviting her. She will love to get out!!

As far as Black Friday...I usually don't go out anymore. If I do I know what I want and will go, get it, and go back home. I worked in retail for 4 years and that day just sucks! People are crazy, stupid, and rude!!! Not to say either of you are like that, but I just try to avoid it if I can anymore!

DH and I decided to take a break over the holidays and I have to say I am still thinking about it in the back of my mind. I know I shouldn't be but after this long (2 years now) it is just there! I am hoping once I really get into the thick of the holidays I can "forget" about it!

Mara--I am sorry AF is being like that! I have that just about every month and you finally get to the point where you are like "either come or stop, but don't just be annoying!"

I saw in the pregnancy 3rd tirmester that Jessi had her baby on Nov. 3rd. Jessi was having some trouble so they decided to induce. Just thought you would want to know.

Mrs. the last few days do really suck! Good luck and hopefully you get some good news!

Sorry for being so windy!!
Me(36), DH(37), TTC 23 months,IUI 10/26 (letrozole 5 mg), test 11/9

maragayle replied to att76's response:
I hear you! She's definitely in the ANNOYING stage!!!!! The nurse called a little earlier. She recommended BW tomorrow. The problem there is that none of the local hospitals do same day progesterone level draws. They apparently have found no need to offer the service. So, the closest participating hospital is an hour each way. That means last minute time off from work, gas, etc. just to get my effing blood drawn. She said we could certainly wait it out, or I could go to the OB's office and get it done there. If I go to the OB's office and my levels are good enough to start Femara, it could mean we're sitting out a month because we wouldn't get the results until next week. She's going to check with the doctor and let me know what his recommendation is. Honestly, at this point I think I'd rather just wait it out and see if she comes. It seems stupid to take time off from work and drive two hours for AF to show her face this weekend. With my luck, that's what would happen. I guarantee it. Honestly, a month off wouldn't be a bad thing anyway. If I were to get another BFP this month I'm pretty sure I'd have a heart attack/mental breakdown.

My Black Friday experiences thus far have been really good. There has only been one item I didn't get that I wanted in the two years I've been participating. People, for the most part, seem to be decent and nice around here. I'm sure working retail would shatter my magical vision of the wonderful Black Friday shopping experience. I'll have to make sure to be super sweet and appreciative of the clerks while I check out next week. I can't believe it's only a week until Thanksgiving!

mrs62610 replied to att76's response:
I was just wondering about Jessi yesterday! (Reading an old thread) Thanks for the info!

I hope your break is beneficial and you are able to relax! I will be glad (kinda) for a break if this month doesn't work.

I'm just hoping I can actually wait until Monday. It seems the closer it gets to test time the more I think I want to test at home. So far I want to wait but we all know how quickly that can change!!

att76 replied to maragayle's response:
I agree driving 2 hours for blood work is rediculous! If you do get the b/w she will show on her own this weekend, if you don't she won't. It always seems like that is the case!! How frustrating!

I think, overall, people are good about Black Friday. however, there are those few that make a bad name for everyone! Being in retail, those are the ones that stand out! Being extra nice will mean a lot to those poor souls working on that day!

It is hard to believe Thanksgiving is a week away! I was just thinking this morning that time has really gone fast since July! It seems like we just started school and just had time off for Labor Day!

att76 replied to mrs62610's response:
Thanks! I hope I am able to relax as well. There is no pressure so what would I have to worry about?

I think you can hold out until Monday! I have faith in you!!
However, I wouldn't test simply because I wouldn't want to waste the test just to see a BFN!!!

mrs62610 replied to att76's response:
You have more faith in me than I! Haha
If I do use a HPT I will probably use it Monday morning before my blood test because I only have one left and hate to spend the money on more negative tests! We'll see........

Hold out! You can do it!

Didn't hear back from the nurse last night. She probably didn't have time to speak to the doctor. Needless to say, I'm not getting BW done today. The spotting seems to be stopping completely, so I'm wondering if this was my body's AF. Things could be a bit weird since it's only been a month and a half since my miscarriage. I'll call again today and ask if it's okay to start the Femara and just see what happens this month. Then next month, if I have to, we can try the provera again and hopefully it will work properly. I don't know. Frustrating.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (34) DH (36) TTC for six months. Starting Clomid next cycle.

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.