Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
3rd round of Clomid and an HSG
StepToBioMom posted:
I am taking my 3rd round of Clomid 100 mg, and I just returned from my appointment for the HSG procedure. I have to say, my experience was much better than I anticipated after hearing other not-so-good experiences. The most uncomfortable part for me was the speculum (of course) because it has to sit in there for several minutes while the cath was inserted. No cramps, to my surprise when the dye was injected and the doctor was very pleased with my results. *sigh of relief*, but still wondering why it is taking so long for us to become pregnant? Two major tips: 800 mg Ibuprofen about an hour before the test, and if you have a prescription for an anti-anxiety medication like Xanax or Klonopin, that helps a great deal with relaxing everything for a less uncomfortable experience. All In all, I got answers, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Catie and DH is Dan. We met in school so we're childhood sweehearts :). We got married in 2007 and have been TTC ever since. There have...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.