Skip to content
New to Clomid / Help
roshkeish posted:
Hello I am new to clomid. We just finished taking 100mg for for 5 days 6 days ago. We have been having sex every other day like the doctor suggested and using the ovulation it. 2 days ago I stared having some pressure on my lower abdomen, It felt like I was ovulating, but I cant be its to soon. Is this normal with Clomid?

mrs62610 responded:
Hi! If you took it for five days and stopped 5 days ago the earliest it would be today is CD13. That's not necessarily too early to ovulate. If I end up having a large follicle I will have discomfort for several days before I actually ovulate. I hope that helps!
Me-24 DH-38 TTC 1st for 19 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. 5 rounds of Femara, 3 IUI's - BFN's. Taking a break, doing IVF in January.

chaos612 responded:
always feel when i ovulate every since i started taking clomid. from my understanding you are expected to ovulate within 7 days from the last day you took a pill.You could always use a OPK that way it will get rid of a lot of the guessing

sproutkm responded:
sometimes the clomid doesnt make you ovulate. it didnt work for me to ovulate but it did mature my follicles/

chaos612 replied to sproutkm's response:
well if your follicles are maturing why arent thet giving you injectibles along with clomid so the ovaries will release the egg

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Holly and I am 27 years old. My husband and I have been married for 5 years. We have 5 furbabies: 3 dogs and 2 cats. We had a miscarriage i...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.