Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New to Clomid / Help
roshkeish posted:
Hello I am new to clomid. We just finished taking 100mg for for 5 days 6 days ago. We have been having sex every other day like the doctor suggested and using the ovulation it. 2 days ago I stared having some pressure on my lower abdomen, It felt like I was ovulating, but I cant be its to soon. Is this normal with Clomid?

mrs62610 responded:
Hi! If you took it for five days and stopped 5 days ago the earliest it would be today is CD13. That's not necessarily too early to ovulate. If I end up having a large follicle I will have discomfort for several days before I actually ovulate. I hope that helps!
Me-24 DH-38 TTC 1st for 19 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. 5 rounds of Femara, 3 IUI's - BFN's. Taking a break, doing IVF in January.

chaos612 responded:
always feel when i ovulate every since i started taking clomid. from my understanding you are expected to ovulate within 7 days from the last day you took a pill.You could always use a OPK that way it will get rid of a lot of the guessing

sproutkm responded:
sometimes the clomid doesnt make you ovulate. it didnt work for me to ovulate but it did mature my follicles/

chaos612 replied to sproutkm's response:
well if your follicles are maturing why arent thet giving you injectibles along with clomid so the ovaries will release the egg

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Cynthia I am 19 years old. I found out by myself that i had PCOS when i was 16. I was on the computer on google looking up my symptoms beca...More

Helpful Tips

Helpful Tips
AF-Aunt Flo BFN- Big Fat Negitive BFP- Big Fat Positiove EWCM- Egg White cervicle Mucus CM- Cervial Mucus LMP- Last menstral Period BBT- ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful