Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Clomid
wishing101 posted:
have pocs and have been trying to get Pg for about 5 years now and knowing what i know now about pocs my Ob dr put me on Brithcontroll for 3 mons to get my Pms back on track i go and see her on dec 4th but i am a week short of brithcontroll and i am not on it anymore . i had a my pms , already and alreayd stop wint in 4 days , could they still put me on Clomid ? or should i ask for another way to help me get Pg ??

maragayle responded:
I have PCOS, too. Generally the latest they'll start Clomid is on the 5th day of your cycle (CD1 is the first day of bleeding), so you'll probably be sitting this month out. If you don't get your period on your own, they can give you medroxyprogesterone/provera at the end of your cycle to bring on menstruation. You can then start Clomid from there.

Good luck!
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,BFP 10/4, MC 10/8, waiting to try again

sproutkm responded:
the will try clomid for a few months and if that is not doing the trick they will move on to more expensive treatments. good luck

wishing101 responded:
thank you guys ill let everyeone know on the 4th

wishing101 replied to wishing101's response:
Ok so i started clomid , waited for 5 to come around and started to take it i was done with the pill on monday . i have the test kit to see when i am ovalateing and i havent started to do that just yet .do i have to wait a few days for this to kick in or is this not going to work for ,me ???

mrs62610 replied to wishing101's response:
I think they suggest waiting 2 or 3 days before starting the OPKs, but if you feel more comfortable I think you could start using them right away. Maragayle has said that with PCOS the opks don't always work right. They can give you false results.
Me-25 DH-38 TTC 1st for 19 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. 5 rounds of Femara, 3 IUI's - BFN's. Taking a break, doing IVF in January.

wishing101 replied to mrs62610's response:
thank you , i got up today and pee on the test thing and i got a smile face so that means the pill is workin . so i hope to get pg . i have baby fever , and best luck to you to its hard with everyone around you have babies and not us !!! but i am hopein that will change . do you know how long you can ovalate with this pill

mrs62610 replied to wishing101's response:
It doesn't change the length of ovulation. If you google Clomid it should give you alot of helpful info or you can even look it up right here on WebMD. Good luck!
Me-25 DH-38 TTC 1st for 19 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. 5 rounds of Femara, 3 IUI's - BFN's. Taking a break, doing IVF in January.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (34) & DH (32) have been TTC for 18 months. I have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility. In May 2010 I started taking Clomid without any...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.