Skip to content
Update - Lab results
Leah25Brooke2 posted:
Hey ladies,

I got some good news today. Last week, a day before AF was suppose to show, my level was HCG level was 26. Anything over 25 is pregnant, so I was just barely pregnant. They drew my level again today exactly one week later and it was 626! They said this was pretty high, and higher than normal. Your HCG level doubles every 48-72 hours - if it doubled every 48 hours from 26 over a week, it should have been around 300. But it was twice that! I'm wondering if this means twins?? We have ALOT of twins in our family, my side and my husbands side. So I guess I have to wait until Jan 3rd to find out!! They are doing a vaginal u/s. Keep us in your prayers! My boobs have started hurting, my back hurts and I feel sick when I don't have food on my stomach! Good luck everyone!!
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 16 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, 4th round 100mg Clomid - BFN, 5th round Clomid 100mg - BFN. Natural BFP 11/27

mrs62610 responded:
That's great! Hey twins would be cool! Good luck and keep us posted!!
Me-24 DH-38 TTC 1st for 19 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. 5 rounds of Femara, 3 IUI's - BFN's. Taking a break, doing IVF in January.

ntgps responded:
Great.Good Luck.

sproutkm responded:
am so happy for you, good luck keep is posted

leona1980 responded:
best of luck until Jan 3rd--------i will be praying that you turn out with twins, and lol @ your boobs starting to hurt----am sure you'll get use to it and always have cookies or fruits around you everywhere you go, heard they very helpful. good-luck

Leah25Brooke2 replied to leona1980's response:
Thanks everyone! I would be thrilled if it was twins, but I'd still be perfectly happy if we ended up with just one healthy baby!
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 16 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, 4th round 100mg Clomid - BFN, 5th round Clomid 100mg - BFN. Natural BFP 11/27

JKayasMom responded:
Congrats! So happy for you. I wish you the best and can't wait to hear how the unltrasound goes! Such a blessing!

maragayle replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
I'm glad things are going well! Did you ask if the high levels were an indication of twins?
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,BFP 10/4, MC 10/8, waiting to try again

Leah25Brooke2 replied to maragayle's response:
I didn't. I don't think it is twins, though. I found a beta HCG calculator, and my levels are more like one healthy baby, instead of two. That is totally fine with me, as the thought of being pregnant with twins honestly just freaks me out. I've heard so many stories of complications and its just an increased risk in my opinion. If it is twins, I will be delighted, but I will be more stressed and worried through the whole pregnancy than if it's just one. I'm doing really good. I'm assuming my levels are still climbing.. but the symptoms aren't very severe yet. Maybe they just won't be. With my first baby, I puked everything up and lost 15 lbs the first trimester! With my second, I threw up once. This time, I've been feeling somewhat nauseated, but nothing crippling. My main problem is that my back just hurts all the time.

I still think about you guys a lot and do my "lurking". I know how all of you feel. I thought once I was pregnant, my life would somehow be completely different. I told my mom the other day that it's odd that life goes on just the same. I've told my family after I found out the levels look really good, she also said my progesterone is really high. I just feel peaceful, like this is finally our baby. I can't even explain the peace I felt the month we conceived. It's like I just knew everything was going to work out the way it was suppose to.

We haven't told my daughter yet that she's going to be a sister. We want to wait until I'm farther along (I will be 6 weeks wednesday). But I've bought a shirt for her to wear - it says "This little sweetie is going to be a big sister!" I'm going to have her wear it to church when I'm 12 weeks, and see who notices first.

Hang in there everyone. Your day will come. It's not really sunk in for me yet I don't think. Maybe it will feel more real with I hear the heartbeat. They are doing a vaginal u/s on January 3rd. I'm so hoping and praying that everything will be normal and that they will be able to find a good solid heartbeat. I feel peace like I said, so whatever happens, is suppose to happen. Good luck all of you, you will be in my prayers.

leona1980 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Your story is really intrigging and it gives me hope to hold on. good luck still, and keep us in your prayers

att76 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Leah, glad to hear everything is going well in your pregnancy! If it is twins that would be awesome for you! Thanks for all the words of support! I haven't been on for about 2 weeks and I wish i could say I was more relaxed, but I'm not. I still think about everyone here but have resisted the temtation to come and lurk. I have been having some problems and finally got some answers yesterday! Good luck and happy and healthy 9 months.
Me(36), DH(37), TTC 2 years,taking a break over the holidays, will start up again in 2013

Leah25Brooke2 replied to att76's response:
Thanks hun!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been together since 2005. We have been married since 2008. We have been off birthcontrol since 2010. We have never had a BFP. My...More

Helpful Tips

Helpful Tips
AF-Aunt Flo BFN- Big Fat Negitive BFP- Big Fat Positiove EWCM- Egg White cervicle Mucus CM- Cervial Mucus LMP- Last menstral Period BBT- ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.