Skip to content
good and bad news
avatar
maragayle posted:
So, still no AF symptoms. CD35 will be this coming Sunday. I'm going to take a pregnancy test at home then call the RE Monday if it's a BFN. I assume it will be since this cycle is unmedicated.

Here's the problem:
I may not have insurance! AHHH! I gave my notice at work. My last day is December 21st. (This is the good news. I've been looking for a new job for a looooong time!) Through COBRA, you can choose to pay the premium your employer pays temporarily, but I don't know how much the premium is! I've asked HR, but they haven't gotten back to me yet. I'm taking a new job, and insurance may not kick in until the 1st of March. If by some miracle I get my BFP, I'll pay the premium regardless of what it is, if not I'm going to have to make some decisions. I guess the way COBRA works is, you can choose to pay the premium, or you can elect into it if something catastrophic happens within 60 days of the termination of your insurance coverage and retroactively pay the premium if you need to. There's also short term insurance plans that you can get for $90 a month or something like that.

If I took the medroxyprogesterone and femara, we'd find out near the end of January if we were pregnant. If we were, we could probably wait until March 1 to be seen. The problem is if I miscarry again, I'm RH negative and need to have a RhoGAM shot. (Basically if you don't and you get pregnant again, your body treats the pregnancy as a foreign object and tries to abort it...unless your baby is RH negative, too.)

I may take a month of BCPs just to be on the safe side. We're biologically in no rush, even though I want a baby NOW! So, financially that may make the most sense. Insurance and money is stressful. DH doesn't want me to take BCPs. He thinks we should just go for it and deal with the insurance thing later if it comes down to that. I'm not sure what I want to do, but I only have a week or so to figure it out! Any advice, ladies?
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,BFP 10/4, MC 10/8, waiting to try again
Reply
 
avatar
ntgps responded:
I understand your concern ...just want to share little information i know...Usually doctors say that there will be more chances of conception after miscarriage(because most people will definitely ovulate with in 2-8 weeks)
After my d&C at 12th week i got my periods back after two&half months .In the mean time i was concerned about it
but my dr told me to wait for 10 weeks but ofcourse i dont have insurance problem so decided to wait...finally at 10th week i went for test and found that i ovulated and got periods in 2 weeks...

But i heard most of the women who miscarried at 8th week got period between 4-6weeks ...did you ever got any spotting few days after miscarrige in that case some times your periods might be delayed.Did you go for scanning after miscarriage...because most of the doctors scan to confirm everything is clear(or any tissue left out inside)
Also one more thing if your periods are irregular(say between 30-45 days cycle )you can wait for some more time other wise you can dicuss with your doctor.

Usually i feel it is ok to wait for 8 weeks but since you have insurance problem it is difficlut to wait so i think it is good if you go for blood work and scanning and the decide according to drs advice.
I am not sure if there is any medicine where in it gets your periods back if you are not pregnant.

Hope on your next visit your doctor confirms about your ovulation.I Wish you should ovulate and get BFP.
 
avatar
maragayle replied to ntgps's response:
I don't ovulate regularly, which is the issue. I did provera to bring on a period, but it didn't work properly. I only spotted for 5 days instead of really bleeding. So, I'm counting the first day of spotting as a period. At the end, they want to check levels to see if I should try provera again or if I can start Femara without an actual period. My HCG levels were less than 1 two days after miscarrying, so I opted out of an ultrasound. I didn't want to see the empty picture on the screen. I had a pelvic exam after the miscarriage, and was okayed to start TTC again as long as I was emotionally ready.

Insurance only comes into play because I don't know if I want to pay the premium out of pocket. It looks like it would be approximately $440/month. I think we may do the BCP for 1-2 months, then start back up once the insurance at the new job has kicked in. That's the course that makes the most sense to me, I think. Luckily, we can get the last round of BW in next week before my last day of employment. From there we should be able to order one more round of drugs while I'm still covered...whether that be provera and BCPs or just provera.
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,BFP 10/4, MC 10/8, waiting to try again
 
avatar
ntgps replied to maragayle's response:
I hope last round of blood work answers your concerns.Good luck
 
avatar
mrs62610 responded:
Sorry I've not been on here for a few days, I've been really busy with work and now I have a stupid cold and it's being annoying! Have you made an official decision yet? It sounds like you know what you want to do. Congrats on getting a new job! I hope you like it much better than your current one!
Me-24 DH-38 TTC 1st for 19 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. 5 rounds of Femara, 3 IUI's - BFN's. Taking a break, doing IVF in January.


Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.