Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ultrasound results
att76 posted:
Hi ladies! I haven't been on for about 2 weeks and while I have resisted the temtation to check in on you guys, I have been thinking about all of you! I am not AS stressed about it as I have been but have been thinking about it!

Anyway, I had my u/s yesterday to determine if I have polyps or not. Yes, I have multiple polyps! I will have to have surgery in January to remove them, but she told me that if we want to jump right into IVF we would be able to do BC the very next month. While this sounds like bad news it is a huge relief to me! I have had so many problems with random bleeding that to finally have a reason is just the biggest success I have had in 2 years of trying!

I ask her if this is something I could have had since my endo surgery in March, yes it is! If the doctor did not go in vaginally (not sure about the word she used...hyp...something) he would not have been able to see them, plus the only way to diagnose them is through this special u/s. On the plus side of all this, we would have had to do this u/s before IVF anyway, so one step closer to IVF.

I can't tell you guys how much relief I feel. I have been having the random bleeding for YEARS!!! It has only gotten worse within the last 4-6 months! How is everyone else doing? Hope all is well with everyone!!
Me(36), DH(37), TTC 2 years,taking a break over the holidays, will start up again in 2013

Mrs62610 responded:
That's great!! Not that something is wrong, but that you know what it is! I'm so glad they finally came up with an answer for you. I'll let you know how my IVF goes so you have a fresh experience to compare to!

I haven't been on here quite as much as I was either. Just a lot going on getting ready for Christmas. I go on the 27th for my SIS and b/w for both DH and I. Can't wait to get this done!
Me-24 DH-38 TTC 1st for 19 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. 5 rounds of Femara, 3 IUI's - BFN's. Taking a break, doing IVF in January.

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
I'm so glad you are finding answers. That makes all the difference.
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 16 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, 4th round 100mg Clomid - BFN, 5th round Clomid 100mg - BFN. Natural BFP 11/27

maragayle responded:
It must be such a relief to get some answers!

I got the paperwork for my new job. Yay! I'm starting January 2nd. Friday is my last day with health insurance for 1-2 months. (Yikes!) Reading through the paperwork, it states that to take short-term disability (which is what maternity leave is classified as), you need to be an employee for one year. They'll give you maternity leave, but without pay, if you take time off sooner. So, DH and I are going to put TTC on hold for a few months. I'm sure we could find a way to make it happen financially, but there's no sense in making having a baby more stressful than it needs to be.

I just got off of the phone with the OB's office. They're going to talk to my doctor, who is conveniently out today, and get back to me about whether or not I need BW. It's CD36, no sign of AF and a test I took Friday was negative. I assume they'll just have me take provera again and go from there. In our off time, I'm going to take BCPs. It will at least be nice to know when my cycle is coming again! Then when we're ready, I'll be right on track to start with the Femara. Honestly, with starting a new job, finalizing the adoption, etc. it will be nice not to worry (as much) about TTC for a few months. I'm thinking we'll start up again in April or May. I want a couple months' buffer in case we conceive right away. You never know...with my luck, I'd have an extremely premature baby and still not get my pay for leave.
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,BFP 10/4, MC 10/8, waiting to try again

sproutkm responded:
have the battle is finding out why you can not concieve, congrats on getting over the hardest hurdle

att76 replied to maragayle's response:
Hey Mara congrats on the new job!! I know how long you have been searching for a job that must be such a relief!!

It sounds like the time off will be worth it! You have a lot going on right now and not having to put TTC in the mix will help a lot! The BCP will help regulate you and there will be no guessing when AF is to show her face! When will the adoption be final?

Well good luck with everything and hopefully the time off will be worth it!
Me(36), DH(37), TTC 2 years,taking a break over the holidays, will start up again in 2013

att76 replied to Mrs62610's response:
It is a relief to finally have some answers!

Good luck with all the IVF stuff! I can say I am excited but nervous to start the process in 2013!

maragayle replied to att76's response:
We're hoping for the adoption to be final by February. We're signing for adoptive custody today, which means the state starts to take a backseat and be a lot less involved. Once that's done, we can file paperwork with the court next week. Then it's just a matter of waiting for a court date, so it all depends on how quickly our case can be heard. We're heading out of state next Thursday, so we'll probably drop the paperwork off on our way out.

I'll continue to creep, too, but not as frequently. Holidays, new job, adoption time off from TTC, etc. I still want to keep in touch with you ladies, though!
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,BFP 10/4, MC 10/8, waiting to try again

Spotlight: Member Stories

Dh and i have been ttc for 3 years with no luck. So we went to see a obgyn who did a laporoscopy on me and after said that my tubes were both open, i ...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful