Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Metformin, Clomid, and HCG Trigger
misskatelyn19 posted:
I was just recently diagnosed with PCOS and I am ttc. I have had 3 miscarriages in the past and I dont have any living children. Mu doctor wants me to start my cycle and take clomid and then trigger to release ovulation. I have been on metformin for about 2 weeks now and it isn't too bad, I have to just really watch what I eat. I was just wondering if anyone has tried this combo before? If there has been any success in the first month of this or no? I am just looking for some encouragement beucase of my previous losses I don't really know what to expect.
Thank you

ntgps responded:
Hi katelyn,

Metformin helps us to regulate periods over period of time and this combo helps us to ovulate thus increasing chance of pregnancy....and regarding success no one is sure about that..it all depends on luck....some people got success in first month while others did not.....but all that I can say is you are going in right track....sorry if did not answer your concern just shared little information that I know.Good luck.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! My name is Jessica and I have been married for 8 years. I have a wonderful, loving Husband, named Ian. I also have been blessed with a beautiful s...More

Helpful Tips

Helpful Tips
AF-Aunt Flo BFN- Big Fat Negitive BFP- Big Fat Positiove EWCM- Egg White cervicle Mucus CM- Cervial Mucus LMP- Last menstral Period BBT- ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.