Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
how is everyone
sproutkm posted:
sorry i have been out of touch, i have just been out in limbo waiting for my next cycle to start which should be any day to start my new treatment. how has everyone been doing?

Mrs62610 responded:
I can't bring myself to leave this community! I just started my FSH injections this morning and I go for an U/S on Wednesday then IVF the week of the 21st!
Me-25 DH-38 TTC 1st for 19 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. 5 rounds of Femara, 3 IUI's - BFN's. Taking a break, doing IVF in January.

maragayle replied to Mrs62610's response:
Are you nervous/excited? This could finally be it for you!

I've been MIA lately between taking a break from TTC for a few months, the new job and adoption paperwork galore. I'm mailing everything out tomorrow. It needs to go to the caseworker, the commissioner of the department will sign it, then we file it with court and wait for a date. The end is in sight!

Insurance kicks in on the 1st of February. I think we'll wait until about April to start TTC again. If we start earlier, I wouldn't be eligible for paid leave if I gave birth before being in my new job for a year. Good news, though: I have infertility coverage! I have a $50 copay for fertility drugs and a $20,000 allotment should we need to do IVF/treatments past the Femara. Hopefully we'll be able to get a BFP again on just the Femara, but it's good to know it's there if I need it!
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,BFP 10/4, MC 10/8, waiting to try again

Mrs62610 replied to maragayle's response:
That's great! You're so close with the adoption I bet it's exciting! Glad to hear about the new insurance coverage too! I agree, hopefully you won't need it but it sure does lower the stress knowing it's there.

I go Wednesday for an U/S then the long awaited part the following week. I can't wait! I hadn't really had many side effects except some itching until the last few days. I have had a few minor hot flashes and yesterday I had a big mood swing. I was noodles for dinner and it wasn't going well. I got really PO'd then about 30 minutes later I was fine. Fortunately DH is being very good about everything though. I will say that so far I don't feel as bad as I thought I would.
Me-25 DH-38 TTC 1st for 21 months. 3 rounds of Clomid-BFN's. 5 rounds of Femara, 3 IUI's - BFN's. Planning IVF for week of Jan 21st. Using Lupron, Bravelle and Menopur.

ntgps responded:
Hope everyone are doing well with their cycles.

It has been long time I checked in here.....I took some time off for(medicated) ttc and thought to start again in jan ...I was supposed to do 4th round of iui but didn't get my period this month so went to RE and she did blood work and told me I ovulated very late this month (may be cd30)so can expect period after 10 days...i felt bad because i stopped trying from cd21 as I thought I ovulated on cd18..,anyway learned new lesson from this ....next time ttc till I get period:)....I can't trust ovulation kits as it showed false positive on cd18 (may be I have pcos)

One quick question about K-Y lubricant....can we use that while trying for pregnancy....I dont know where to get preseed so just asked my RE and she suggested K-Y but I heard many people saying negative about K-Y (while trying for pregnancy)...did you ever heard some one using that while ttc.

sproutkm replied to ntgps's response:
didnt think any of the lubes were okay we bought pre seed at walgreens its kind of expensive but i know its for sure safe to ttc.

ntgps replied to sproutkm's response:
Thanks for the reply sproutkm.i will try at Walgreens ..

sproutkm replied to ntgps's response:
your welcome all the luck to you

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well I never thought I would be here, it all seems to surreal! Is this really true? We have been trying to have a baby for two years. We saw a OBGYN i...More

Helpful Tips

Helpful Tips
AF-Aunt Flo BFN- Big Fat Negitive BFP- Big Fat Positiove EWCM- Egg White cervicle Mucus CM- Cervial Mucus LMP- Last menstral Period BBT- ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful