Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Does clomid give a false positive?
hb0528 posted:
Has this happened to anyone?? I started my 3rd round of clomid thinking AF had arrived (7 days early), but AF was very light and short (unusual for me). I took a pregnancy test on day 3 of taking the clomid and got a positive. Does clomid give a false positive or am I pregnant? Has this happened to anyone? Did you end up pregnant or was it the clomid?

Mrs62610 responded:
Clomid does not cause false positive pregnancy tests. I would call your dr and tell them what happened!
Me-25 DH-38 TTC 1st for 21 months. 3 rounds of Clomid-BFN's. 5 rounds of Femara, 3 IUI's - BFN's. Planning IVF for week of Jan 21st. Using Lupron, Bravelle and Menopur.

sproutkm responded:
not it should be sometimes if you got a shot of HCG or something to help ovulate that could give you a false positive

ntgps responded:
I am not sure about that but I heard some people saying when you take Clomid you get positive for few days but I never tested on that... the only symptons i have with Clomid is spotting ,cramps and light period.If you are more concerned you can talk to your doc about that. Good luck

hb0528 responded:
Thanks for all the replies. I had my blood drawn yesterday and then will do it again on Wednesday to see if my numbers have doubled. I'll keep everyone posted.

jenica1432 replied to hb0528's response:
What were your results? Praying for good news

hb0528 replied to jenica1432's response:
I'm pregnant. I didn't have implantation bleeding with my first two children, but did this time around. I thought it was AF, but wasn't. I'm due at the end of September.

JKayasMom replied to hb0528's response:
Congratulations! Love all the good news in this forum! Gives me hope. LOL

sproutkm replied to hb0528's response:
congrats so happy for you

Mrs62610 replied to hb0528's response:
That's great! Congrats!!
Me-25 DH-38 TTC 1st for 21 months. 3 rounds of Clomid-BFN's. 5 rounds of Femara, 3 IUI's - BFN's. Moved on to IVF. Egg Retrieval on 1/25 and 1 Embryo Transferred on 1/28! Beta 2/11/13 193!!!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 15, an age where having children was far from my mind. Now, I'm older, married, and we are ready to have a ch...More

Helpful Tips

Helpful Tips
AF-Aunt Flo BFN- Big Fat Negitive BFP- Big Fat Positiove EWCM- Egg White cervicle Mucus CM- Cervial Mucus LMP- Last menstral Period BBT- ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful