Skip to content
Does clomid give a false positive?
hb0528 posted:
Has this happened to anyone?? I started my 3rd round of clomid thinking AF had arrived (7 days early), but AF was very light and short (unusual for me). I took a pregnancy test on day 3 of taking the clomid and got a positive. Does clomid give a false positive or am I pregnant? Has this happened to anyone? Did you end up pregnant or was it the clomid?

mrs62610 responded:
Clomid does not cause false positive pregnancy tests. I would call your dr and tell them what happened!
Me-25 DH-38 TTC 1st for 21 months. 3 rounds of Clomid-BFN's. 5 rounds of Femara, 3 IUI's - BFN's. Planning IVF for week of Jan 21st. Using Lupron, Bravelle and Menopur.

sproutkm responded:
not it should be sometimes if you got a shot of HCG or something to help ovulate that could give you a false positive

ntgps responded:
I am not sure about that but I heard some people saying when you take Clomid you get positive for few days but I never tested on that... the only symptons i have with Clomid is spotting ,cramps and light period.If you are more concerned you can talk to your doc about that. Good luck

hb0528 responded:
Thanks for all the replies. I had my blood drawn yesterday and then will do it again on Wednesday to see if my numbers have doubled. I'll keep everyone posted.

jenica1432 replied to hb0528's response:
What were your results? Praying for good news

hb0528 replied to jenica1432's response:
I'm pregnant. I didn't have implantation bleeding with my first two children, but did this time around. I thought it was AF, but wasn't. I'm due at the end of September.

JKayasMom replied to hb0528's response:
Congratulations! Love all the good news in this forum! Gives me hope. LOL

sproutkm replied to hb0528's response:
congrats so happy for you

mrs62610 replied to hb0528's response:
That's great! Congrats!!
Me-25 DH-38 TTC 1st for 21 months. 3 rounds of Clomid-BFN's. 5 rounds of Femara, 3 IUI's - BFN's. Moved on to IVF. Egg Retrieval on 1/25 and 1 Embryo Transferred on 1/28! Beta 2/11/13 193!!!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I never had regular cycles except while on birth control. My DH (31) and I married in 2004 and starting ttc beginning of '07. I waited a till July...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.