Skip to content
shots
sproutkm posted:
4 down 6 to go. my husband can not wait till its all over. I also can not wait till its over.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

mrs62610 responded:
Are you having alot of side effects?

Today is day 11 of injections and I'm feeling "hormonal" at this point. I was very weepy yesterday for no apparent reason and have been off and on lately. I don't like injectables either.

I went in for an U/S and more B/W this morning and my Estrogen level went from 52 last Wednesday to 920 today!! I was sooo excited! I have to go back in this Wednesday but that should be the last time. We are tentatively planning on Friday for the egg retrieval! I can't wait! On Saturday I was majorly disappointed thinking all or part of the cycle was going to be cancelled. Today everything is on track and looking good!
Me-25 DH-38 TTC 1st for 21 months. 3 rounds of Clomid-BFN's. 5 rounds of Femara, 3 IUI's - BFN's. Planning IVF for week of Jan 21st. Using Lupron, Bravelle and Menopur.

sproutkm replied to mrs62610's response:
that is awesome! so exciteing

no side effects yet, feeling pretty normal. i am going in for an u/s on thursday to see how they are growing. i was hoping to do an iui but he told us to have "relations" every 2-3 days so maybe no iui? I would feel better if we did do an iui but he is the doc. I am concerned about the cervical muscus being low so my husbands little friends might not make it to there desination. but if he sees the mucus is low on thursday he might do an iui. i cant imagine the shots making me ovulate this early in my cycle, i am 10 days in my cycle and only 5 days into the shots.

mrs62610 replied to sproutkm's response:
They are probably having you come in that early just to have a starting point. I thought I should be ready after my first check but I was told that they have to start somewhere and some people are close that early. Also, when I did IUI they told us to BD too, just in case, so that could be why.

Good luck on Thursday!! I'm hoping to be heading to Indy on Thursday and having my egg retrieval Friday if all goes well tomorrow! Keep me posted!
Me-25 DH-38 TTC 1st for 21 months. 3 rounds of Clomid-BFN's. 5 rounds of Femara, 3 IUI's - BFN's. Planning IVF for week of Jan 21st. Using Lupron, Bravelle and Menopur.

oh okay so we just making sure i have the highest chance,
that makes sense.

I will keep sending baby dust your way, i hope all goes well. I will keep u posted, make sure you keep me posted.

Yep

I'm waiting on the call from the NP about my bloodwork and to confirm that Friday is the ER. She and the U/S tech said everything looks great and will probably do Ovidrel tonight!

An_241646 replied to mrs62610's response:
I have one question to ask regarding IVF as I'm also doing this procedure next month ,today only I got my all the injections and patches...my question is once you start your cycle do you go to doctor's office daily for 10days for bloodwork and u/s bcoz that is what my doctor had told me?

mrs62610 replied to An_241646's response:
I didn't go daily, but they told me it could be necessary when I got close to trigger. I went for the 1st check on day 6 of stims (FSH injections) then on day 9, 11, and 13 and triggered day 13 which was yesterday. I was told to keep all days open because they don't know until the last minute when you will have to come in.

sproutkm replied to An_241646's response:
some docs might be differant i am going today for an u/s no bw and its day 8 of my shots, i only have 10 days of shots to do.

my u/s went great yesterday. i have 16 mm follices on each side so m=by sunday they will be the 20 mm he likes to see i will see my doc on sunday at 11 am if i dont ovulate my self by then. hope everything went well with you.

That's great! Glad things are going well. I had the retrieval this morning. I went great! They got the best 3 eggs (He wasn't worried about getting all the smaller ones since we aren't freezing any and just fertilizing two). I've been having some pain and soreness and Tylenol wasn't working. I took the Hydracodone that they prescribed and it worked much better. The most uncomfortable thing is the bloating and fullness. Should be better tomorrow though! Good luck on Sunday!

that is awesome,keep me posted on when they will implant the eggs back in you. that is super exciting you got 3!

I ovulated on my own saturday morning. very excting and my house that day, sunday we went in for a postoital test. to test my cervical mucus i think. and he said it was better then when i was on Clomid. but he made a comment about my husband sperm that niether of us now how to take. he said he obersvert some of his sperm had a round head instead of a pancake flat head like it should. he didnt sound to concerned but it sound kind of concering to me. on the good side is he is not making us do a iui or anyting so maybe the sperm thing isnt had big has a deal as i thought. dont know kinda confused.

i go back saturday for a blood test to test my progesterone levels and then if my af doesnt start 02/11 then to call the office for an another blood test to see if im preggo.

good luck keep us posted on your treatment, lots and lots of baby dust to you

Glad to hear you O'd on your own!! Yay and good luck!!!

Sorry I haven't updated yet! I haven't felt well since the retrieval. We did a Day Three transfer on Monday and had 1 "Perfect" (In the words of the Embryologist) 8 cell Grade A Embryo! They were doing ICSI on 2 eggs but one didn't make it overnight so we ended up with only one. I was pretty disappointed but maybe it's for the best because had we ended up with twins I could have been at higher risk of being put on bed rest or had other complications. I have a new business that's only 7 months old and I would hate to have to rely on other people for an extended period of time to take care of things.

I was put on bed rest for the remainder of Monday and again today. I can go back to work tomorrow but I can't lift more than 10 pounds, no sex (grrr, the hormones make that one difficult), and no exercise until at least the pregnancy test. Some of the restrictions might go until the 1st U/S if I get a BFP. I go on the 11th for my Beta so we should find out around the same time!

I was wondering how you would feel after all that. I am glad you are on the road to recovery and the hard part is all behind you.

so because i am not doing IVF what does 8 cell grade a mean? although it does sound like all good news. it might be a blessing in disguise that only one worked. i understand the fear of having twins i am battling that now. i had one egg in each ovary mature so when i ovulated we dont know if i ovulated one or both.

You cant have sex or lift anything till another 2 weeks? that has got to be difficult after a while. well it will be all worth it if we get our little baby.

we will be finding out about the same time! keep me posted on how you are feeling. this is going to be the logest 2 weeks ever!!

It just means it is an 8-cell Embryo and they have given it a grade of A meaning really good. The Embryologist called it "perfect" but I've heard that grading them is subjective to each clinic. There is no official scale.

That's right not until the beta tests, then if BFP's probably not until the first U/S 2 weeks later. I was surprised at how long the weight lift restriction is but oh well, I'm gonna do what they say. I've made it this far. The hardest part is the no sex that is soooo hard because all the hormones put me REALLY "in the mood". What we do to get our LO's!! It will all seem like no big deal one day!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with PCOS in the Fall of 2011 when after a year of TTC and being unsuccessful went in to see the doctor. I was placed on Metformin 500...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.