Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Double Dose Clomid - Same Cycle -
An_250121 posted:
I took clomid 50mg on days 3-7 of my cycle, on day 12 I went in for my baseline ultrasound, my follicles were not mature (two were 10 another was 6), so my doctors immediately put me on another dose of clomid, for the next 5 days (Saturday-Wednesday) I'm taking 100mg (please note this is the same cycle). I don't go back until the following Saturday, I am extremely nervous that they are going to miss my ovulation. I have a lot of pressure on my right side which makes me think that ovulation is near. Has anyone had two back to back clomid doses in the same cycle? Due to lack of follicle growth?

My cycles have always been regular with 32 day cycles. And I have always been able to feel myself ovulate. So I'm now worried that using clomid is actually taking a step backwards.

Looking for any support/information.

ntgps responded:
Hello An,

I just want to share little information I know....

Are you sure she kept you on clomid again in same cycle if yes i don't understand why did your doc put you on extra dose of Clomid...I think if your follicles are not matured enough at cd12 she would have called you for u/s again on either cd14 or cd16....as far as I know if you have 32day cycle you can ovulate any day from cd10 to cd21 and my doc told the follicles size grows 2mm each day ( usually it varies for each women for some fast and for some slowly)and once it reaches max it burst out and you ovulate....also usually they do progestrone test on cd21 after all these tests If they think you have not ovulated then increase the dose in next cycle.... With Clomid even I had cramping and I think that is due to growing follicle ....also I think during ovulation you get cervical mucus (this can also be indicator of ovulation)....

I am not sure of using clomid twice in cycle .....Any way I think every doc has different way of treatment ....keep us posted and let us know what happened. Good luck

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey, my name is Linsey and I've been married for 5yrs the 20th of this month and we have a 3yr old little curly headed boy that we love to death. ...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.