Skip to content
IUI ?
Nicole2929 posted:
I had my first IUI this past Thursday so I'm like 4 days out or maybe 5, I'm not sure do I count Thursday the day I got it? Anyways, Friday and Saturday I had severe cramping and lower back pain now today I'm so bloated I feel like I might explode and I have a lot of clear mucus like discharge. Are these common symptoms? My dr didn't tell me much afterwards and I was just so excited that I had it done and dead sick with a sinus infection I didn't think to ask anything. He gave me papers that said it was common to have some cramping or spotting afterwards but to call if I had a fever. This 2ww is killing me, there is nothing else I can think about but this lol

hmmomma3 responded:
I have had 3 IUD's. Lots of cramping and bloating. Your body is almost adjusting to having it. Sometimes your body does contract it out (you can feel it that happens). I would get an ultrasound in a few weeks if it doesn't get better, then can make sure it is in place. I have loved my IUD's. I have BC so they work great for me. I makes your cycles super heavy on day 2, just beware.

ntgps responded:
I did 3 iui's ...with first iui I was ok but with 2nd and 3rd I got lot of bloating,cramps and discharge ....doc adviced me to take Tyenol and no ibuprofen but (on safe side) i did not take any medication.....also yes I think you should be concerned only if you get fever with in 2 days of iui......all your symptons are common...try to stay positive and just engage in some activity to get diverted.....Good luck

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 32 years old and was recently diagnosed with pcos. My hubby and I have been actively trying for a baby the last 2 years. We have gone to many di...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.