Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Cautiously optimistic
mrs62610 posted:
I'm done with all the hcg boosters, last one was Sunday. I tested this morning with a Dollar Tree test and got a very faint positive (12DPO=9DP3DT). It could very well be false but I'm choosing to stay hopeful that it will be darker tomorrow instead of lighter.
Me-25 DH-38 TTC 1st for 21 months. 3 rounds of Clomid-BFN's. 5 rounds of Femara, 3 IUI's - BFN's. Moved on to IVF. Egg Retrieval on 1/25 and 1 Embryo Transferred on 1/28! 1st Beta on Feb. 11th!!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

JKayasMom responded:
GOOD LUCK! Baby dust to you! I lurk a lot just reading the posts but I keep you ladies in my thoughts. Hubby and I are still trying. I have not used Clomid since the first cycle back in Nov. I want to try naturally on my own since I did not have anything wrong to stop conception. I know you have gone thru a lot. I like that even when you all are down you are still there for each other. Keep us posted!

mrs62610 replied to JKayasMom's response:
Thanks!! I hope things work out naturally for you! Good luck to you too!
Me-25 DH-38 TTC 1st for 21 months. 3 rounds of Clomid-BFN's. 5 rounds of Femara, 3 IUI's - BFN's. Moved on to IVF. Egg Retrieval on 1/25 and 1 Embryo Transferred on 1/28! 1st Beta on Feb. 11th!!

sproutkm responded:
good luck to you, how did today look?

mrs62610 replied to sproutkm's response:
I used another Dollar Tree and an Answer (early result) brand this morning. The DT wasn't any darker or lighter than yesterday. The Answer was very dark positive. Not as dark as the control but unmistakably there even from a distance. Still not sure, gonna test again tomorrow. Ugh!

I read in another post that your 2ww is dragging by. That sucks I know. At least this week is almost over!! Praying for BFP's all around!!!

mrs62610 replied to mrs62610's response:
Ok so I still have nothing more definitive! The Dollar Tree test was darker than yesterday but not by a whole lot. The Answer at first glance looked the same as yesterday but if you really stare at it it looks barely lighter! Ugh! So annoying! Testing again tomorrow!

Leah25Brooke2 replied to mrs62610's response:
How many DPO are you? Or is it different for IVF? When did they tell you the test would be accurate?
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 16 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, 4th round 100mg Clomid - BFN, 5th round Clomid 100mg - BFN. Natural BFP 11/27

mrs62610 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
I'm 11 days post 3 day transfer which = 14 DPO. They didn't give me a specific day to wait. When they scheduled the betas I was originally supposed to go in today and Monday. Since they decided they wanted me to do one last booster this past Sunday they moved the betas to Monday (8 days past booster) and Wednesday. I kinda thought it was just to make them feel better since there would be no question about the booster still showing up on Monday. But I don't know if tomorrow or Sunday could be long enough for me to know on a hpt. Does that make sense? I'm just very hesitant to let myself get excited, I want to know one way or the other! Gah!

Wow I'm so hopeful for you. I read and my SIL who has done IVF's was told to wait 12 days past booster with an hpt.. but every case is different and they will be able to tell from a blood draw if you are pregnant. It must be so excrutiating to see those BFP's, try NOT to get excited.. and wonder and wonder if this is finally 'it'! Wow I will be praying for you!! Try not to go crazy, though if I was you, I probably already would be. lol
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 16 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, 4th round 100mg Clomid - BFN, 5th round Clomid 100mg - BFN. Natural BFP 11/27

If I look up "boosters" it tells you to wait longer but it seems that alot of them are 250mcg which is the regular dose only used as a booster. My boosters were (1) 250mcg dose diluted in water to make 3 different boosters. So, it was basically 1/3 the normal dose and I can't find any info online for that. I would think though if with the full dose you should wait 12 days for a hpt then 1/3 I would think would be out within 4? I had explained that in another thread but didn't realize I hadn't mentioned it here. Sorry about that. My brain is going a thousand miles a minute!

okay.. then I'd say.. it's looking pretty good! I will check back in to see! Maybe both of you will get your BFP's! That'd be so great! I'm praying for you! Good luck!!

Okay Mrs.. I know it's the weekend.. but I'm dying to know if you're still getting positives.. because if you are, I'd say that you are pregnant! I'm dying to know!! lol

Still getting positves!! The Dollar Tree brand is much darker and shows up in a picture now and the Answer brand is almost as dark as the control line! Just waiting on the official confirmation tomorrow!! Kinda nervous! Yay!!!

OKay! I really think that you are preggers!!! I really do! I will be checking in to see!!! So excited for you!!

It's official!!! hCG was 193!!!!!!!!! I'm sooo excited!!!!!!! I called DH at work and told him and he's excited too!!! We are going to tell our immediate families this weekend!! I just can't hardly believe it!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

29 years old. Found out at I had PCOS after stopping BC for 6months and not having regular cycles. Got a second opinion last June and we started up on...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.