Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Prescribed 100mg of Clomid with no period first
lesley1920 posted:
Hi all,
I am back ready to see if any of you can help me answer some questions. I am 28 and had a spontaneous pregnancy 3 years ago on my own. My doctor said I was lucky to have gotten pregnant on my own considering I was not ovulating or having regular periods. I think my estrogen was only 78 on day 12 during the cycle I concieved.
I am now trying for baby number 2! We tried naturally for 7 months and have been on clomid for 2 months now. my first month I was on 50mg and my progesterone came back at .6 on day 21. The next cycle I took 100mg and My estrogen was 68 on day 12 so my doctor decided to not do the HCG triggers shot. I just changed clinics and was prescribed 150 mg to start tonight..only day 22 of my cycle. my progesterone came back at .6 again. Is it safe to take considering I won't have a period first?

chaos612 responded:
I was prescribed clomid before without AF so i think it is safe since clomid is used to trigger ovulation.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been married since October 2007 and have been actively trying to conceive off and on since then...with no luck. We always just t...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.