Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Clomid and TTC
monkeylove07 posted:
Good Morning, I am new to this. I seen it and thought I would join to see if it might be helpful. I am 34 and have been married for 6yrs and TTC for 4yrs. I just found a doctor that was willing to work with me instead of just sending me to a fertility doctor since I don't have much money for that and my insurance does not cover any of that. My husband does not have any problems and he had a child from a previous relationship. I went off BC 4yrs ago and my periods have not been regular ever since. I was regular before not sure if this triggered something that was already wrong. My doctor started me on Metformin 1000mg once a day and BC. I am just starting my 3rd month. She wants to see me at the beginning of my 4th or end of my 3rd month. I was not able to get in until the beginning of my 4th month. She wants to put me on Clomid and I was not sure of some things.
Are the side affects really bad? I will just be ending my monthly when I see her will she start me on Clomid right away or wait?

Thanks for your help.

chaos612 responded:
Clomid is taken starting on day 3-5 of your cycle it just depends on what day your dr wants you to start is i usually take it days 3-7 of my cycle becuase you only take them for 5 days.there are some side affects i have experienced like headaches and mood swings but everybody is different. lots baby dust to u and good luck on your journey keep us posted

monkeylove07 replied to chaos612's response:
Thank you I will.

monkeylove07 replied to monkeylove07's response:
Good Morning,
I just wanted to let everyone know that my doctor started me on Clomid. I will start taking it at the end of this month and go back in to see her in the beginning of May to see if it is working. Unfortunately I don't have insurance so I have to do this all cash. If anyone has any tips I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

TerriAmanda responded:
Hi monkeylove

This was my first month on Clomid. I had some pretty bad headaches on the days I took the pills (3-7), but totally worth it if the result is a BFP!

Good luck!!

monkeylove07 replied to TerriAmanda's response:
Thank you. I started on Sunday day 5-10. I go on Friday for an ultrasound to see if it worked. So far been okay just really thirsty my mouth feels dry really bad but so far nothing to bad. I hope it stays that way. My friend used this and got pg the second month of taking it. Hopefully this works.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, Im married we have a daughter, Ive had 2 mc and a Tubal that caused me to lose my rt tube. We recently adopted our nephew age 4. I have PCOS an...More

Helpful Tips

Helpful Tips
AF-Aunt Flo BFN- Big Fat Negitive BFP- Big Fat Positiove EWCM- Egg White cervicle Mucus CM- Cervial Mucus LMP- Last menstral Period BBT- ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.