Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Clomid and TTC
monkeylove07 posted:
Good Morning, I am new to this. I seen it and thought I would join to see if it might be helpful. I am 34 and have been married for 6yrs and TTC for 4yrs. I just found a doctor that was willing to work with me instead of just sending me to a fertility doctor since I don't have much money for that and my insurance does not cover any of that. My husband does not have any problems and he had a child from a previous relationship. I went off BC 4yrs ago and my periods have not been regular ever since. I was regular before not sure if this triggered something that was already wrong. My doctor started me on Metformin 1000mg once a day and BC. I am just starting my 3rd month. She wants to see me at the beginning of my 4th or end of my 3rd month. I was not able to get in until the beginning of my 4th month. She wants to put me on Clomid and I was not sure of some things.
Are the side affects really bad? I will just be ending my monthly when I see her will she start me on Clomid right away or wait?

Thanks for your help.

chaos612 responded:
Clomid is taken starting on day 3-5 of your cycle it just depends on what day your dr wants you to start is i usually take it days 3-7 of my cycle becuase you only take them for 5 days.there are some side affects i have experienced like headaches and mood swings but everybody is different. lots baby dust to u and good luck on your journey keep us posted

monkeylove07 replied to chaos612's response:
Thank you I will.

monkeylove07 replied to monkeylove07's response:
Good Morning,
I just wanted to let everyone know that my doctor started me on Clomid. I will start taking it at the end of this month and go back in to see her in the beginning of May to see if it is working. Unfortunately I don't have insurance so I have to do this all cash. If anyone has any tips I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

TerriAmanda responded:
Hi monkeylove

This was my first month on Clomid. I had some pretty bad headaches on the days I took the pills (3-7), but totally worth it if the result is a BFP!

Good luck!!

monkeylove07 replied to TerriAmanda's response:
Thank you. I started on Sunday day 5-10. I go on Friday for an ultrasound to see if it worked. So far been okay just really thirsty my mouth feels dry really bad but so far nothing to bad. I hope it stays that way. My friend used this and got pg the second month of taking it. Hopefully this works.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 22 years old and my husband is 23. We have been trying to get pregnant for almost a year now. I was diagnosised with PCOS several months ago. I s...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful