Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
OHSS
wishing101 posted:
Hello , I been on here before about clomid it didn't work so I wint and did a bunch of test and was put on perva to start my pms I did . did the ultrasound , my Dr doing an IUI . seem to be the good way to go about me I am just worried about getting OHSS not really understanding how you can get it and what can I do to low the changes of getting it ??

laurasnow responded:
Hello wishing! I'm not an expert by any means, but I have done 5 IUIs, so, maybe I might know a bit! For OHSS, I think there are some risk factors to take into account (keep in mind, I'm just recalling here, not copying from any sources, lol). I don't know your age or history, but from what I recall, OHSS is more likely to occur with injectable hormones (because they tend to produce more follies), women with PCOS, younger women, and with certain (stronger types) of trigger shots. That said, if you are on a Clomid and IUI protocol, even with a trigger shot, you MIGHT not have too much to worry about, However, our bodies don't always like to do what we expect (hence the TTC struggle, lol). That said, when I did the IUIs with clomid, I didn't even have much cramping, but you could always try to take it easy afterward, stay hydrated and rely on Tylenol for pain relief. Above all, though, maybe you could talk to your doctor about your fears and questions? Best of luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

On July 26, 2011 I was diagnosed with PCOS and am taking 2000mg/day of Metformin. August 2011, my husband did a semen analysis which came back normal....More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.