Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Update on Clomid & TTC
monkeylove07 posted:
Hello everyone,
Unforunatley I did not end up pg in the first two rounds of clomid. I went for blood work with the first round and my progesterone was at 8. On both folicle ultrasounds I have had good size folicles and I ovulated since I started my periods on time. Last month was a little late.
The doctor finally raised my dose on the third round. I go in on thursday for a follicle ultrasound. Keeping my fingers crossed.

maimed05 responded:
Good Luck to you! I am on my 3rd day of Clomid (first timer) and I really have my hopes up. I hate to have them up this high, because of the let down that may just be inevitable. But I'm trying to stay positive. If i do not conceive this round, then my dose will be increased to 100mg. Keeping you in my prayers!

ericajelliott replied to maimed05's response:
Hello
Im thinking about starting Clomid and was woundering what is the procedure for getting the medication?

monkeylove07 replied to maimed05's response:
Thank you, and same to you. I understand about trying to be positive. They were suppose to up my dose on the second try, but there was a miscomunication between the nurse and the pharmacy so I ended up with two months of 50mg. I just took 100mg. My ultrasound yesterday showed a good size folicle over 2cm. and a lot of little ones. So keeping my fingers crossed that this works. If not the doctor will up it again for next month and then that is it. She suggested doing an IUI but my insurrance does not cover that and unfortunately I do not have the money right now.

Spotlight: Member Stories

--Michelle 26, DH 32. We had been trying to conceive without help since 2009--with help since March. I have PCOS and mild endometriosis. I had laprosc...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.