Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Clomid HELLP!
An_253560 posted:
hello ladies I am new to this discussion so please bare with me. I was prescribed 50mg of clomid taking on days 5-9. My question is my cycle is only 4 days, would it be wise to start clomid once I am done menstruating? also what is the difference between taking them on days 3-7 vs 5-9?

Zura79 responded:
I am new here too. Like you my period only lasted for 4 days. The first time i was prescribed 100mg clomid on day 5-9. The 2nd and third i was prescribed on day 3 to 7. I realized that if i take day 5 to 9 my cycle will be 30 days. And when i took the 3 to 7 it was 28 days. Im on my third round of Clomid and sadly i know nothing positive will happen on this cycle too as DH was away on business trip. Also before taking Clomid i suffer no ovulation cramps. Now i do. But its bearable.

msgoody78 replied to Zura79's response:
Oh my, my cycle is only 26 days, I kind of figured if I took it on days 5-9 it would extend my cycle . I took my first pill last night, so far so good, no side effects that ive noticed, but its still too early to tell. Good luck to you!

Spotlight: Member Stories

25 have been TTC for almost two years have had blood work done everything's normal and my cycles are normal I also feel like I do ovulate. My dr. ...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful