Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Clomid HELLP!
An_253560 posted:
hello ladies I am new to this discussion so please bare with me. I was prescribed 50mg of clomid taking on days 5-9. My question is my cycle is only 4 days, would it be wise to start clomid once I am done menstruating? also what is the difference between taking them on days 3-7 vs 5-9?

Zura79 responded:
I am new here too. Like you my period only lasted for 4 days. The first time i was prescribed 100mg clomid on day 5-9. The 2nd and third i was prescribed on day 3 to 7. I realized that if i take day 5 to 9 my cycle will be 30 days. And when i took the 3 to 7 it was 28 days. Im on my third round of Clomid and sadly i know nothing positive will happen on this cycle too as DH was away on business trip. Also before taking Clomid i suffer no ovulation cramps. Now i do. But its bearable.

msgoody78 replied to Zura79's response:
Oh my, my cycle is only 26 days, I kind of figured if I took it on days 5-9 it would extend my cycle . I took my first pill last night, so far so good, no side effects that ive noticed, but its still too early to tell. Good luck to you!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Tara, I am 27, my hubby-Aaron is 25,. We got married 4/3/09 TTC since Jan , I have 2 little girls they are 9 & 7, started clomid at 50m...More

Helpful Tips

Helpful Tips
AF-Aunt Flo BFN- Big Fat Negitive BFP- Big Fat Positiove EWCM- Egg White cervicle Mucus CM- Cervial Mucus LMP- Last menstral Period BBT- ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.