Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
age 37 on clomid and progestrone anyone have success getting pregnant
DICKERSON35 posted:
hi im a 37yr old that has a twelve yr old son been trying to give him a sibling for the last seven years. i have had two misscarriages one chemical preg.
i have taken clomid 100mg for 6cycles no success.
after checking tsh levels dr. came to find i have hypothyroid hashimotto disease.. after taking synthyroid my levels went from 6.74 to .9
now the dr. said i should get pregnant no problem
but i have had the two losses this summer one in may and one in july...so now im on 150mg clomid and 100mg progestrone and 150mcg synthroid the clomid progeatrone is now my 3cycle
has anyone my age had success after 9cycles of clomid...... this has been an emotional long road ive been stuck on...just looking for some hope it can happen some day soon... i feel bad my kids would be 13yrs apart..when all we wanted was 3 kids to grow together...
FirstPrevious12NextLast

butterflys97 responded:
Hi Dickerson35 I am new to this board too, have been here about a week or so. With the exception of a couple ladies this board is pretty quiet. I was reading old posts and there use to be a lot more action and support. I found this board by accident. Feeling desperate and confused hoping to get refuge, support or maybe some answers from some of the ladies that maybe have gone thru something similar, so far nothing. Im 34 almost 35 years old. I have had 4 miscarriages and 2 chemical preg ( I have had 3 successful full term pregs) Recently did a work up everything was fine with the exception that I can back Lupus Anticougulant positive. I was put on baby aspirin, Lovenox, and folic acid. The doctor also told me to take Clomid 100 mg days 5-9 of my cycle. I see that you also put progesterone, I asked my doctor if I can get on pregesterone during ovulation and he said no that that the messes with conception to start after BFP. But I have read that some women actually start it at ovualtion and I wanted to try that but doc says no. Let me know how it works out, keep me posted please.

DICKERSON35 replied to butterflys97's response:
hi butterflys97
i was put on progestrone supositories i take one a night as soon as i know i ovulated. my doc said to help implantation for im having trouble with them sticking not problem concieving. if this works i will take for 12wks or 37wks. last cycle i started my period while taking it even though i was told that would not occur that i would have to stop taking to menstrate. so that worries me..... i have no real answer for loss happens between 5-6 weeks and some docs believe my progestrone drops to far to implant. well i just got my flashing smiley on clear blue opk.... oh and on tues this week the clear blue said i was at my peak for two days... and now again i hope this means good news for i never had two opk show peak twice in a month. my god bless us with little ones......

butterflys97 replied to DICKERSON35's response:
Hi Dickerson 35
Wow that is great news on your opks...I hope you took advantage of those days..I hope you get a sticky bean soon..I have had early lossed too with no explanation..except for now with the clotting factor they have found...hopefully the regimen they have me on works..You know I still have some progesterone supositories left from my last pregnancy I just might try them ovulation it can't hurt, in conjuction with my other medications...Just to see...make sure you take your prenatals or a good vitamin along with some folic acid as well..please let me know how it works out...hope you get your little bundle of joy soon..God bless and hope to hear from you soon....

h just wanted to update u i went to doc for im still have lh surge doc said im hyperovulating she said if i concieve she expects twins said though it sounds more like triplets for i hace surged tues wed nothin thurs surged fri sat sun and neg mon morning positive monday nite till tues 250pm and now positive again......im praying they all take and stick.......

Wow that is awesome. I hope they all stick too, hey you will done in one shot yayyy!!!!!! I have been having that extra discharge and last nite I know tmi I had the slippery egg white secretion I guess is how you call it, I don't have any tests gotta run out and get some, but usually when that happens I am ovulating and according to my my ovulation calendar I'm do to ovulate between Friday and Saturday so I may be hyperovulating too, I don't know. I have a question have you noticed more vaginal discharge than normal while on Clomid? Thanks for the update too...hope to hear from you soon..sending sticky vibes to you ..........

butterflys97 replied to butterflys97's response:
One more thing have you also been doing the progesterone suppositories?

hi to answer question i had noticed less cm fluid last cycle so this one i took robotussin from day after last clomid until today what doc said should be last fertile day except i surged again today .. i only had egg white cm on friday..about progestrone no i start it back tonight doc said start asap so implantation can be successful... i only take after a confirmed ovulation then until i get a neg. preg test. if positive i will be on till at least 12weeks.

I was thinking about taking the robotussin to help with the cm fluid I've always heard that, but never tried it. I will probably do the same next time around hopefully I won't need to, because I will be preggers...Yayy...Im also ovulating I will start my progesterone I think to see from now and if my hpt comes back negative stop (which hopefully it won't) and will continue to use it cuz I will be preggers.My only concerned is I had a positive ovulation confirmed last night and we had intercourse, but the night before it was also positive and we did not, my fiancee came home from work fell asleep, I was soo mad. I will try again tonight hopefully I did not miss my window of opportunity. I have not tested today I will later on. Hopeflly it sticks for us....

did u have intercourse about 2-3days before ur opk my doc told me to have intercourse also day of neg and day after....... so think positive ...u may still have time to play... also remmber when opk turns positive it usually means 12-36hrs till egg drops but so Think Positive ..... my fiancee is 42yr and well lets say sometimes its hard because he works six days a week and he comes home tired ready for bed by 730pm.... i changed my work sechdule to get off before him just so i could catch his peak of energy the first two hours home..... it does suck when its time and they need the break...... but how i always say it is ok everyother day ... so i tell him the only way in this week he could miss a day is if we had sex the day before......

just something to think about...
U want to have intercourse in the three days prior to opk and also day of ovulation ....and two days after....if u say ovulated on 10/11 then u should of started havin sex on 10/08-10/09-10/10-10/11-10/12-10/13 it should be a six day period of everyother or everyday...But catch is MAKE SURE ON OVULATION DAY..... the two days after as my doc said this is just incase the egg finally came out later than expected... their is a website if u google clomid ovulation calculator it will tell u when u should start hace intercourse when u should test opk it has been soo helpful .... i had a bad headache 2dpo took my progestrone for first time this cycle and boom it was gone.... atleast i knw its working....

Hi now Im in the two week wait. But I'm kind of anxious/worried because we did not have intercourse all the times we should have. I had two days with a strong positive opk on the first day we did not on the second day we did but not the day after. I am just venting because men don't get it and it especially doesn't help that he is 6 yrs younger than me. I think it's that, my co-worker says no it's not that hers is 38 and he's an idiot LOL. It is pointless to be on Clomid take vitamins and inject myself every single day with Lovenox if he's not going to cooperate. But yea sorry just venting. Hoping something stuck and I have a little bean just waiting to grow. How about you?

hi.... i couldn't help but laugh ..... aint that the truth we take all these pills and meds and no matter how old the man is ...they still dont get it .... we are on a schedule...we can not choose when to ovulate.. dont stress yourself ... for you know stress can stop ovulation ..make you ovulate later or not at all.. well i pray everyday for a sticky bean... for you and for me and all the many ladies i know or dont know that have been on this long road....

Hi..I'm glad I made your day lol...yes all I could do is laugh at the situation...I have told him the same thing ...women are not like men you guys can impregnate at any time...But us women we have a small window of time in a given month..I know I ovualted is the part that gets me upset..if we tried like we should have and it doesn't happen that month I can leave with that..but knowing that we let a chance go by is what gets me..because we may not be so lucky next month.....but yes hoping and wishing that something did stick....well I''ll find out by the end of the week early next week...fingers crossed...how about you when does your 2ww end? Hoping you get a sticky bean too along with all the ladies on this frustrating painful journey..........

hi...my 2ww ends thursday...fingers crossed for us both. today i found out that there are 8 ladies at my job trying and all but one have been tryin from 7yrs to 2yrs.. and u wont believe the one who got preggers only tried two months....man thats hard to swallow.. i dont hate it but i wish it wouldnt take so long for the rest of us....
1on fertility pills 1 does iui every cycle 1 cant seem to stay pregnant 1 does not ovulate on own 1gonna do ivf 2 that just tryin natural what is sad our ages range from 25-37...

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! My name is Jennifer and my husband is Layne. We have been married since June 2010. (My username is the date I became a Mrs, 6-26-10) :) Anywho.......More

Helpful Tips

Helpful Tips
AF-Aunt Flo BFN- Big Fat Negitive BFP- Big Fat Positiove EWCM- Egg White cervicle Mucus CM- Cervial Mucus LMP- Last menstral Period BBT- ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.