Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Nervous
Sheri5 posted:
I am nervous! My dr. Prescribed 50 mg clomid days 5-9. My cycle is usually 22-23 days.my period only lasts 4 days.i usually ovulate around day eight.so I'm wondering if taking this on days 5-9 of my cycle will work or not!

butterflys97 responded:
Hi Sheri5, yes it should work because my period use to be 9-10 days long. Now for some reason its shorten itself out. I also was prescribed Clomid 100 mg days 5-9. And this cycle by day 8 my period had stop for whatever reason, so day 8 and 9 I had no bleeding. Anyways to anwer your question I have been ovulation, been having strong ovulating pain I had strong positve last night and that night before, I will test again tonight but yes you will ovulate. Try it out for a 2-3 months or so. If not go back he may change you and have you take the Clomid cycle days 3-7. Hope this helps. Please keep is informed.

Spotlight: Member Stories

2007 & 2008 MMC, 9wks and 11wks, prescribed Clomid 50mg. 3-7 and then Progesterone until 12wks, it worked! DD is healthy 2.5yo. On Clomid again, 2...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.