Skip to content
Trying to remain hopefull
jhjan2 posted:
Hi I'm new to this whole thing, but I'm seeking some buddies to go along this process with. We're trying to get pregnant with our 3rd child. With my first child we had to use 50mg of Clomid and it worked the first time. Luckily when he was 4months I got pregnant on my own with our daughter. Its been 5 years, and 8 months and we're wanting to try again. I'm on my 2nd round of Clomid, after suffering my 7th miscarriage in August. I'm trying to not give up hope. I started my period on Sept 28th, took Clomid from the 30th of September to the 4th of Oct. I went in for a check on the 10th last week, for an ultrasound to find two follicles. I was also given the trigger shot which was my first experience with it, for I didn't need this to get my first pregnancy rolling. I am now 7dpo. My doctor unfortunately didn't take very much time to warn me of the side effect from the htc shot. I took a pregnancy test this morning that came out positive, only to get the dreaded answer from the clinic that it could be a false positive. I'm cramping down in my lower stomach, some nausea, and fatigue, frequent urination, and sharp pains in my vagina. Wondering if anyone else has experienced these side effects, to give me some hope. My hopes have been way too high for a long time, but since this last miscarriage I'm making sure I'm doing some research to pass this dreaded week left until the clinic will take a blood test. Also does anyone know when I can expect clear results from a hpt? So disappointed to know this one I'm holding can be a false negative although it could be a positive as well (so the clinic nurse says.) Looking for some reassurance, peace of mind, and to know I'm not alone. Prayers to all the couples out there who have been trying. I do know how hard It can be, my babies are my blessings from above. Thank you in advance:)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Barbara and my husband and I have been TTC for 15 months. We have one son who will be three in August, so we know it is possible to get pre...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.