Skip to content
Trying to remain hopefull
jhjan2 posted:
Hi I'm new to this whole thing, but I'm seeking some buddies to go along this process with. We're trying to get pregnant with our 3rd child. With my first child we had to use 50mg of Clomid and it worked the first time. Luckily when he was 4months I got pregnant on my own with our daughter. Its been 5 years, and 8 months and we're wanting to try again. I'm on my 2nd round of Clomid, after suffering my 7th miscarriage in August. I'm trying to not give up hope. I started my period on Sept 28th, took Clomid from the 30th of September to the 4th of Oct. I went in for a check on the 10th last week, for an ultrasound to find two follicles. I was also given the trigger shot which was my first experience with it, for I didn't need this to get my first pregnancy rolling. I am now 7dpo. My doctor unfortunately didn't take very much time to warn me of the side effect from the htc shot. I took a pregnancy test this morning that came out positive, only to get the dreaded answer from the clinic that it could be a false positive. I'm cramping down in my lower stomach, some nausea, and fatigue, frequent urination, and sharp pains in my vagina. Wondering if anyone else has experienced these side effects, to give me some hope. My hopes have been way too high for a long time, but since this last miscarriage I'm making sure I'm doing some research to pass this dreaded week left until the clinic will take a blood test. Also does anyone know when I can expect clear results from a hpt? So disappointed to know this one I'm holding can be a false negative although it could be a positive as well (so the clinic nurse says.) Looking for some reassurance, peace of mind, and to know I'm not alone. Prayers to all the couples out there who have been trying. I do know how hard It can be, my babies are my blessings from above. Thank you in advance:)

butterflys97 responded:
Hi jhhan2, I am also fairly new to to this board and also seeking some buddies for support and insight. I have had children and carried thme full term. So the fact I have been having all of these miscarriages boggles my mind. I have had 4 miscarriages back to back in the last year and half and it's not easy. I am also on my second round of Clomid along with Lovenox for a possible clotting disorder my Lupus Anitcougalant came back positive. I am suppose to repeat the test in 12 weeks but the doctor went ahead and gave me the Lovenox due to the fact I had that one positive test and my history of reccurrent miscarriage. Most likely I'am going to have to go to an RE and perhaps get monitored with the ultrasounds like you are although I am using OPKs and they are positive, meaning I am ovulating. But our problem is not conceiving its sustating the pregnancy.Now to be honest if you tested positive 7po it's a posibility it is not positive due to pregancy it's alittle too early, unless you ovulated sooner, but I don't know if thats the case becasue you are being monitored with ultrasound. I know sometimes we can't help to test because the 2ww can be a dreadful wait. I too am an early tester but not that quite early, the soonest I will test is on 11pos because the hpt test sometimes pick up the hormone but even then it's to soon a waste of money for me. In your case becasue the shot may and that's a may because we don't know the outcome yet cause a negative postive. You should wait. I know it's easy hun, we are in the same boat. By the way I am also in the 2ww and also dying to test early but I am trying to wait as long as I can .Let's take it one day at a time and hopefully little miracles will stick and we can go on to have healthy pregnancies. Wish the best, please keep me posted God Bless.......

jhjan2 replied to butterflys97's response:
Hi butterflys97. Its good to know I'm not alone. I actually went out today and bought 7 hpt from the dollar store, because I have no patience lol. I will be going into the clinic on Friday the 25th for the blood test. I took one today which did come back negative which means the htc shot is out of my system. Now just hoping and praying that over the next few days I can get a positive result. which would be more accurate and believable. otherwise next month we'll try again...baby dust to all!!!!

jhjan2 replied to jhjan2's response:
I lied, my husband looked over the hpt and has picked up a 2nd VERY faint line, that I now see. Today marks 10dp htc shot & 9 dpo. I don't know what to think at this point, EVERYWHERE I read says the shot "should" be out of your system by 10dp injection. I'm cramping, my bbs just recently started hurting today. Smell is way off. Again these are all symptoms that can be related to the injection. I just don't know. 6 days until my clinic will test and I can finally put my mind to rest.

butterflys97 replied to jhjan2's response:
Yes hun you are not alone...there is alot of us in the same boat...I have a question...is the line the same as it was before or is it faint /darker? And yes that's what sucks about all these meds they have contradicting side affects that can mimic pregnancy symptoms...it may be a side from the shot or it may be pregnancy...I know the count down is heart wrenching hang in there hun...I am also on my 2ww..my period came on Sept. 27 started Clomid on the 5th day of my menstration. But I am a little upset and anxious because we didn't have intercourse on all my fertile days...because my darling boyfriend was too tired.. he does get home at 1am from his job..but still Im taking all these meds, injecting myself everyday..the least he can do is cooperate lol...Men you gotta love them....I am trying my hardest not to test too soon..hey me and you are right there I just realized that lol...Duhhh!!! I really hope we have little sticky beans just waiting to grow...with the grace of God hopefully this is our month...if not we can not lose faith...there is always next month...keep me posted... I can't wait to hear the great news...lets stay positive...God Bless!!!

Awe sending prayers your way. The line was faint barley noticeable and yesterday it was a PFN so trying everyday. I am still having major symptoms, the worst id say is my hunger I eat a good sized meal and within 15mins starving again (all day long)...i'm still urinating quite often. My smell is very sensitive, my bbs just started to hurt in the armpit area yesterday. and I could literally nap all day. I'm hoping these pay off. I'd like to stop myself and say their all in my head but my husbands noticing them too. so i'll remain hopeful.
10days down, 4 to go.
LOL my husband too I had the trigger done on the 10th I was instructed to have intercourse the following day but we did it that night and the following, and hubby was too tired to go for the 3rd lol were in the military so we know all about long hours. but I completely understand where your coming from we unfortunately can't preform the task at hand alone lol gl.

Me too sending prayers and sticky vibes your way. Yea those def. soung like prego symptoms...I'm hoping that, that was a false positive from the trigger shot...and when you test on the 25th you get your BFP...I am also more tired than usual and been uritnating quite a bit..but however I have been getting menstration cramps so I'm not getting too hopeful just yet...I am waiting to test..I am going to do it as close as possible to last af...I already told my darling boyfriend if this doesn't happen this month...be prepared to put in some over time.. I don't care how tired you are...Yes I sure did lol...I am tired too of those shots...sometimes they really hurt and they burn..but I take them every single day...so the least he can do is cooperate lol..well we are one day closer...please keep me posted..gl hope to hear from you soon..

HAHA oh you tell him girl!! I couldn't agree with you more, It defiantly gets frustrating on both ends I'm sure. My husband is nearing 30 and isn't as sexually active as he was in his early 20s boo lol. I feel like less of a women because, I'm not able to even do what I was put on this earth to do, I need all this medication, and doctors timing my intercourse, I think my husband gets to the point where it feels more like a job then something we enjoyed doing, and I see where he's coming from...Its been a difficult road to say the least, and by the sounds of It you've had a long road yourself. Hoping it pays off for us both this month. Keep me posted as well, think happy thoughts. Few more days to go !!!! Come on BFP!!!!!!

Yes I have to get tough jajaja...because then it becomes senseless to be on medication and treatment. An I know sometimes it does feel like a chore trying to make a baby when dealing with infertility..but guess what unfortunately this is a trial and tribulation that was put in our lives and we have to deal with it as best we can... I am going to have to sit down and explain.... yes EXPLAIN because men can be like children at times...lol..every chore has a reward at the end. For instance who likes to diet and exercise...but guess what the end result is a healthier, sexier, happier you...I know I am rambling on..but we get it..just wisht they did....this month I was probably hyper ovualting because I got several positive opks...but we didn't take advantage of those..and although I am optimisitic yes I am!! not every month we are going to run with the same luck..and yes It has been a long difficult road for us..He's 6 yrs younger than me.. he doesn't have children..me I have had children before lost one of my babies in tragic car accident....I know I can't replace him..but I just want another baby....I have never dealt with infertility before so now I have so much respect for those ladies who have dealt with this all their lives...I am hoping and praying this is our month hun....Yes just a few more days...COME ON BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so so sorry for your loss Hun. I truly only believe the Lord takes the strong ones home, I'm sure he's helping pour down the rain. Stay strong and your new little miracle will happen for you. Having a loss of a child in any each way is just so not human to me, its not the order it was intended, and I'm deeply sorry for your loss. May the Lord ease your sorrow in due time.

Thank you, yes that's exactly how I feel, it's not the order life was intended to happen. But there is nothing I can do but move on and try to cope with it as best as I could. Thanks again it means alot to me. To give you my update...I got my af so it's gonna be a BFN for me this month I'm just ready to get the ball rolling and start all over again. I have already warned my boyfriend lol( HE HAS BEEN WARNED) lol. How about you, do you have good news? I hope so..if not we just gotta get right back on track hun..We can't cry ove spilled milk..we gotta keep going...with that being said...God bless

Aw I'm sorry about your BFN, remain hopeful that's all you can do! I went and got my blood drawn last Thursday and I got the call that I was pregnant. My hCG level was at 35 they said they'd like to see It a little higher. So they have me going back tomorrow (Tuesday) for another blood draw to see If my levels have increased over the 120hours. Over this time I'm trying to distress, and not over think anything, and tomorrow will let us know if we'll have a successful pregnancy or if we need to prepare for another miscarriage. Good news is I still defiantly feel pregnant lets hope it sticks. I wish you the best of luck, again remain hopeful, keep the boyfriend In line LOL, and you'll defiantly get your sticky bean!!

Thank you and so ready how to start all over again. Its crazy how time flies I got my AF on 10/26 so tomorrow will be my fifth day so time for Clomid for another five days and to the journey all over again. Let's see what God has in store. As for you OMG Congrats..I have my fingers crossed please, please keep me posted today on what the doctor says..I am so excited for you. Can't wait to hear from you later. An oy yea I'm keeping him in check. Hopefully this cycle I will get my sticky bean

By the sounds of It we were on the same cycle. I would of gotten AF on the 26th as well. I went In to lab today my levels increased to 164 so that's good I'm now right were I'm supposed to be according to the norm I'm 4 weeks & 3 days along. My thyroid levels were a little high so I have to take some medication to get that back down to normal, they say its very normal in early pregnancy and I'm sadly not one of these 18 yr old spring chickens running around anymore. So yay I have two horse pills to take each day. Keep me posted on your journey I have my fingers crossed for you that this next one is it for you. GL on your journey!!

Thank you again...that's neat that we are on the same cycle..So if I get lucky this time around will be around 4 weeks apart give or take Congratulations on your increased levels I hope they keep increasing thru the roof lol..Wishing you a healthy pregnancy. As far as the pills I hear you. I have to inject myself every single day while trying to get pregnant. If I do get pregnant through out the whole pregnancy and for about 6-8 weeks post partum. Hopeing this cycle is for me..I started my 3rd round of Clomid today. Let's see what happens.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Catherine and Im 20 years old and my fiance's (or husband either one works lol) name is Jamie and he is 26 years old. We have been toge...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.