Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Going crazy!!
kathleen24 posted:
I have had most of the side effects from clomid. I'm on day 4 of my first (and hopefully only) round. I go from biting someone's head off to crying about it. The hot flashes and nausea have got to go. How long will this go on for?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

indiajstyles responded:
The medication effects everyone different.
This is my second round on clomid and I agree the hot flashes and mood swings are crazy.... but after day five you should be good. hang in there it will be so worth it once you see that positive pregnancy test...

butterflys97 replied to indiajstyles's response:
Yes, I thought I was the only one...I do get moody, hot flashes and even alittle blurred vision..but what really bothers me is the bad headaches..ahhh...this is my 4th round of Clomid..I have two more days to go after the 6 or 7th day the side effects subside. But this month I was in my feelings. I almost did not take it, I was feeling down. This is my 4th round... the headaches...but I convinced myself to...I told myself how about if this was my month and I let it slip away..so with that being said..I understand you...you are not alone...hang in there hun...we are all in this together...May we all get those BFPs soon God Bless......

kathleen24 replied to butterflys97's response:
The side effects went away immediately after I should've ovulated. It was like a switch went off. Thank god! Hoping it worked this month, I'd hate to have to keep taking clomid. I know that sounds awful compared to the length of time others have spent taking it but that stuff is awful.

kathleen24 replied to indiajstyles's response:
Praying this worked! It would be nice to finally see a positive test. Those meds re no fun so hopefully I don't have to keep taking them

butterflys97 replied to kathleen24's response:
Im glad the effects went away....My major complaint is the nausea and the HEADACHES...but I'm hanging in there...did you ovualte already...or are you in your two week wait?

I'm hoping I did but I wasn't able to do a kit because I wasn't sure how many days were in my cycle. I estimated it and I hope it worked because I'd rather not take clomid ever again. I will find out next weekend

Fingers crossed for you..I hope something sticks...as far as the days of your cycle you many wanna start on CD10 and up and also if you have signs of ovulation thats another indicator for me...the ovualtion pain,bloating and the discharge in particualar that clear egg white discharge (sorry tmi)..but thats what I go by..I just finished my last pill of Clomid for this month 4 days ago..so I gotta start getting it on lol..hopefully I get my Christmas miracle...this is my fourth round of Clomid...hope to hear from you soon...

I thought about just doing the kit but then I just figured if it was meant to happen his month than it would. Those tests are a complete pain in the ass. I have to do them in the middle of the work day which is not easy. I think I had the discharge. 4 rounds?? That's tough. That stuff is no joke. I was miserable. I will pray that you get your Christmas miracle!

Yes I am on #4..it does suck for me.I have two more refills hopefully wont have to use them. As far as the kits you dont have to do them mid day I do mines at night sometimes when I feel I am ovulating..and bang it detects it..sometimes I have tried them on a day that I know I am not ovulating just to check the accuracy and its negative..my point evening and night testing is fine..they just say do not use morning urine..I hope I get my Christmas miracle too...so tell me about you? How is everything going for you...what cycle date are you on? or are you on your two week wait...Can't wait to hear from you..take care...and may BABYDUST come our way.

I live in Charlotte NC but I'm originally from LI NY. I've been in NC for 8 years. I work for an alcohol distributing company and my husband works for a race team. This baby thing has been stressful for us. We never thought that something would stop us. Between my pcos and his low count we feel defeated sometimes. We're learning to get through it these days though. We have to joke about it otherwise it's just this black cloud. We will get our baby though, I have faith in that. I just started round 2 of clomid this morning so we'll see what happens. So where are you from? What cycle day are you on?

ageils responded:
I just finished my 3rd round of clomid. The first round I was on 50mg and I did not ovulate... I had the worst mood swings, yelling and screaming one minute, crying the next. Hot flashes at night so I couldn't really sleep, nausea to the point of throwing up, and bad headaches. It was and has been a nightmare for my husband and I.

Since the 50mg dosage didn't work for me, the last 2 rounds I have been taking 100mg. Talk about craziness....My husband likes to call them my "psycho pills". LOL I am on CD12 and still no ovulation... I have to take the at home tests and get blood work done on CD21.

It usually takes me about 2 weeks after I take my last pill to start feeling better. Makes for very long months and a lot of effort has to be put in to get the "job" done...

My husband and I have been trying since July 2012 with no results, so we both agreed that something along these lines had to be tried. I am just glad that I am not the only one who is going crazy on this stuff. IT IS NASTY!!! I just hope this is the month and we get our Christmas miracle.

Hi Kathleen that's right hun stay positive everything in it's due time. I know it's not an easy road tho. It sounds like you guys both live very productive lives..very busy productive lives. Is there any treatment or therapies you husband is on or can take for his low sperm count? I have been told by a doctor to wear boxers vs briefs (specially when low sperm count is a factor) and also to eat walnuts daily..YES you heard right walnuts naturally boost up sperm count...Sometimes I feel like there is a black cloud hovering over me as well. Specially when I see all these ppl who are not even trying to get pregnant get pregnant...it seems nowadays everyone is pregnant but me..But I snap out of it and keep going dwelling on it won't make things better, if anything it makes worst. Good for you..I am glad you are back on it. Hopefully the side affects won't be too bad this month...but if they are keep going...no pain no gain..Right? That's what they say. I am so hoping I get my BFP this month I really am. But if not I also got to keep going but I think I am going to decreased my Clomid dosage myself for the Clomid from 100 to 50 because I think it's too strong. I already ovulate on my own I just a need a better quality egg and also with Clomid you may realease two eggs versus one to increase your chances. My body is acting weird I am having strong positive opks for like 5 days straight. So lets see. Right now I am on cycle date 22. I am from Connecticut now living in Florida been here for 17 yrs, pretty much half of my life lol. Hope to hear from you soon

kathleen24 replied to ageils's response:
@ageils The side effects are awful! I was the same way. Completely miserable! My husband keeps his distance. I think mine is only 50mg and hopefully I don't have to go further than that. Try taking vitamins that are targeted towards mood swings. It really helps me.

He went to a urologist and was given supplements and antibiotic. He has enough to get me pregnant but it's borderline. I didn't know about the walnut thing. I hope he likes them because we will try anything at this point. I'm going to use my kit this month just to be sure that I'm taking this crazy stuff for a reason

Spotlight: Member Stories

TTC for the first time at 39. Going through the second induced ovulation cycle.

Helpful Tips

Helpful Tips
AF-Aunt Flo BFN- Big Fat Negitive BFP- Big Fat Positiove EWCM- Egg White cervicle Mucus CM- Cervial Mucus LMP- Last menstral Period BBT- ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.