Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Needing answers
kimarieholloway posted:
I'm new to this and need advise and input from women with experience.

Background: I've been trying to get pregnant for about a year and a half. I'll be 31 in 3 days. I stopped taking birth control about 2 years ago. I've always had normal cycles and I've always gotten a +opk around the same day (cd 13, 14, or 15) every month. My cycles are normally 26, 27, or 28 days long. My husband had a Semen analysis and it came back normal. I've had a trans-vaginal ultrasound and everything came back normal. My doctor put me on Clomid to hopefully give me a push. I started taking clomid on cd 5-9. I started opk's cd12 and I had my 21 day blood test yesterday. I haven't seen a +opk yet. I've tracked my BBT and there was a big jump on cd 16, but no other signs of ovulation occurred. I'm just now starting to get cm and I normally have it all throughout my cycle. Especially around the day I get a +opk. I had ovulation pain...at least I think that's what it was on cd 15 and 17. We had intercourse cd 12, 14, and 16.

Could it be possible that I ovulated even though I haven't seen a + yet? I'm almost to the end of my cycle so I doubt that I will if it hasn't already happened.

Anyone have an opinion about that?? I would appreciate it!

buttons13 responded:
Hi, I have read up on many sites and seen that people still get pregnant without a Pom, as the timing of it may have been off. That they are not predicable and should only be used as a guide

Hope this helps.

You day 21 bloods should tell up the most

kimarieholloway replied to buttons13's response:
Thank you for your input. My blood work came back showing I did not ovulate. Which now has me wondering if the OPK's I've been taking is just detecting the LH hormone, but it's not enough to release an egg. I'm waiting on my dr. to call me back to discuss my next step.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm blessed to have a daughter who is three and a half years old. I've wanted another child since she was small but we didn't start trying...More

Helpful Tips

Helpful Tips
AF-Aunt Flo BFN- Big Fat Negitive BFP- Big Fat Positiove EWCM- Egg White cervicle Mucus CM- Cervial Mucus LMP- Last menstral Period BBT- ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.