Skip to content
Ready to start trying again
maragayle posted:
Hi ladies,

I frequented these boards in 2011-12. I don't know if there's anyone here anymore from that time. I hope not. I hope they've all moved on and are holding their babies by now.

I've been through the infertility gamut. S/A, HSG, U/S are all good. I was diagnosed with PCOS. I'm on 2000mg of Metformin and am currently on the pill. Clomid is not effective. We successfully got pregnant in 2012 and miscarried shortly after. After 2 1/2 years of TTC, the blow of a m/c and with the pending adoption of DS (almost 4 now), we decided to take a break.

The baby bug is back in full force. I plan on starting TTC again in the next month or two. The plan was originally to start in August, but I don't know if I can hold out that long. I'm putting in a call to my RE today to see what they need to get us going again.

This board and the support of the ladies here last time around was the only thing that kept me sane. I look forward to chatting with you all.
Me 25, DH 26, TTC 2 years, diagnosed with PCOS, 1 m/c

haydenandsean responded:
Your story is very similar to mine!! We have an adopted son who's 4 now! And had the se exact problems as you!! I'm gonna tell u how I handled mine 1 yr ago and got pregnant, I took proverA the first 10 days of the month, but I also took metformin every single day, I also have pcos, and within a few months I was pregnant, carried him to 7 months then my body started pushing him out, pregnancy dust flying your way!! ( I am now taking clomid went to a different dr and he suggested it!) not sure bout it yet!!

maragayle replied to haydenandsean's response:
I have an appointment with the RE on Friday to check in with him and come up with a treatment plan. I imagine it will be identical to our previous plan. I'm on 2,000mg/day of Metformin. Clomid doesn't work for me. I only sporadically ovulated on 150, and my RE won't go past that. We got pregnant on our 4th month of Femara, with just 3 months of consistent ovulation. So, within the realm of "normal." I want to go that route again and attempt to avoid anything more invasive. I'm feeling better going into things this time around since I know pregnancy is possible.
Me 25, DH 26, TTC 2 years, diagnosed with PCOS, 1 m/c

Spotlight: Member Stories

I stopped taking Birth control June 2011. After a year of no success of getting pregnant and and thinking i was not ovulating(i took the test and neve...More

Helpful Tips

Helpful Tips
AF-Aunt Flo BFN- Big Fat Negitive BFP- Big Fat Positiove EWCM- Egg White cervicle Mucus CM- Cervial Mucus LMP- Last menstral Period BBT- ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.