Skip to content
Clomid
anna_1993 posted:
Hi guys, I went to the doctor because I have been unable to conceive. The doctor wanted me to get a pelvic x-ray but I had to cancel my appointment for that because something important came up that day. Anyway, at that same appointment I had blood work done. At the time I was a week away from when my period was due to start. My period has always been pretty regular but for the last few months it has been a week late. I went back today to see the results of my blood work and she told me that everything seemed normal except for my progesterone levels. My levels are at 2 and she said that they should at least be at 10. The doctor prescribed me 50mgs of Clomid. I have to take it days 5-9 once a day. My period was supposed to start on the 25th but I am still waiting for it to start. I can't wait for my period to finally start so I can start taking Clomid. I wish everyone the best of luck! Looking forward to hearing many success stories!

maragayle responded:
Good luck with your first round of Clomid. Make sure to thoroughly research all of the side effects...they can be nasty and play with your brain. Do you currently have children or will this be your first? How long have you been TTC?

We TTC 2 1/2 years before getting pregnant and miscarrying in October of 2012. We took time off to finalize the adoption of our son, who is almost 4. We're starting again this month. We're using Femara/Letrozole rather than Clomid. I only sporadically ovulated on Clomid at its highest dose. Today is CD14 for me. I got my "peak" on the OPK yesterday, so we're getting busy a couple of nights and hoping for the best. I can test on the 14th.

I look forward to talking with you. It definitely helps to vent to someone you know is going through the same thing.
Me 25, DH 26, TTC 2 years, diagnosed with PCOS, 1 m/c

Spotlight: Member Stories

35. ttc 6 months. first cycle of clomid 50 mg in august 2011

Helpful Tips

Helpful Tips
AF-Aunt Flo BFN- Big Fat Negitive BFP- Big Fat Positiove EWCM- Egg White cervicle Mucus CM- Cervial Mucus LMP- Last menstral Period BBT- ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.