Skip to content

Announcements

i'm a little coconut.
sitting in a coco patch.
somebody came and stepped on me.
i am squished as you can see.
i'm a nut.
i'm a nut.
i'm a nut. i'm a nut. i'm a nut nut nut.
My wild experiences with the police
margaroo posted:
I was 17 years old, had my driver's license for only 2 weeks. A few friends and I attended a lecture at a college and decided to go out for a treat after it was over. I was driving alone in my car, and I thought of somewhere for us to go. I motioned to my friends to pull over so we could talk. Before we could pull over, I saw another friend and flashed her the peace sign. It was kind of a inside joke with us. Within a block, a police car pulled up behind me with lights flashing. I could not think of what I had done wrong, I was so new to driving, I was over-cautious. I pulled over and the police did not come over to the car until a second police car came. Then a third came. I was thinking "Jesus, I must have killed someone!" When the cop came to the window and check out my license. He asked me to step out of the car. By now the car with my friends had pulled over behind the police cars. The cops led me to the sidewalk. They asked me where had I been. I told them about the lecture at Cal Tech. Now Cal Tech is a brain tank, like MIT on the east coast. Nothing dangerous there. Then they asked me if I had taken any drugs. Nope, only aspirin. Now you have to understand I am one of the straightest persons I know. The only ones I would think were more innocent were the nuns who taught at my high school. Anyway, they make me go through the sobriety test. Walk the line, touch my finger to my nose with my eyes closed, etc. This on the sidewalk of a busy street in a very conservative neighborhood with my friends watching with eyes wide and mouths gaping open. I passed all the tests with flying colors. As they were leaving, one of the cops looked at me and said "I know you are on something". Well, I went straight home and told me mom what had happened. We were crying and she called the small police station in the small conservative town to yell at them about what they had done to me. The next day she called my aunt. My uncle was a retired sheriff and he told my mom the whole problem stemmed because I flashed the peace sign at my friend after I waived at my friends to pull over. If I'm lying, I'm dying.

To empathize how conservative this town is, my husband were living in an apt on the poorer side of the same down just after we were married. My husband's car was stolen 2 weeks before our wedding, so all we had was my 12 year old car, which had a windshield wiper on only the drivers side and one window that did not roll up. We were happily driving home and a cop pulled us over. We had not done nothing wrong, but the fact that we were driving in their town in a beat up car with a large wedding present in the back seat made the cops curious. They asked where we lived and what was in the back seat. Oh, come on, it was wrapped in wedding paper! Anyway, we were allowed to go on our way. A month later a different cop car followed us into the parking structure at our apt building. I guess they wanted to make sure we were not vagrants or criminals going to rob someone. The strange fact is that my husband's car was stolen in the same town from the same parking structure the police followed us in.

True stories. Word of caution, stay out of South Pasadena, California.

Maggie the Menace

slik_kitty responded:
roflmaoooooooooo. sounds like my stories of being pulled over lots of times in a little town in illinois. i think the cops just get bored in small towns and harass those of us with old, beat up cars. lol. not to mention the monthly quotas, which are illegal, but are still done.

bpcookie responded:
LOL Your so darn cute.

I have a few stories, but mine arent innocent.

Was driving along with my b/f in the middle of the night and we came up with the bright idea of finding a place where we could park and make out. So we drove behind a store and parked. About 5 minutes later a huge light filled up the wind shield and a voice yelled "PUT YOUR HANDS ON THE WIND SHIELD" it was like OMG. A cop had pulled his gun on us, thinking we were there to break into the store we had parked behind. Another cop car pulls up and the cop tells him "ah, its just a couple of kids making out". That cop started laughing. I was so embarrassed.

This story is just awful. I had just got my drivers license and I own a HUGE 4 door car. I took my sister, who was only about 15, to the Gooney Golf place. The parking was very tight and I thought I could get my car in between two other vehicles. So Im pulling in and I told my sister to watch the car on her side. OMG, I hit the car on my side. I then totally panicked. I tried backing out and I hit the car on the other side. I tried to pull back in and I kept hitting both cars. Finally, in a panic, I just floored it and squeezed between the two cars. I told my sister that we must wait here for the owners of the two cars. I figured they would kill me, but at least my ins. would pay for the damage. I was shaking and scared and still in a panic, I couldnt think straight. My sister was more scared than me. She started screaming "LETS GET OUT OF HERE, GET OUR OF HERE". So in a panic, I put the car in reverse, floored it again and hit the car on my way out. It was a friggin mess.

Yes, I left the sen and wasnt honest. We were just so dang scared and panicking that we didnt know what to do. By the time I got home, I grabbed a beer and was still shaking. I told the story to my family and they laughed their head off. They still make fun of my driving skills today.

margaroo replied to bpcookie's response:
Sparkle,

Loved your stories! I could see the image of you going back and forth and banging up both cars. In fact, I think I saw it on TV or in a movie!

Hugs,

Maggie

bpcookie replied to margaroo's response:
Im sure you saw it on Youtube. Someone prob. was filming the whole thing and thought "wow, Im gonna put this on Youtube, nobody will ever believe it"

jselleck replied to bpcookie's response:
You're all crazy. I have a cop story for you. I was working as a security guard in central Indiana at a site in a very well to do town. I had a beat up prism that I drove and was very proud off. One night I get off late due to a temputure problem in the server room and it's pitch black nobody around. All of a sudden this car starts following me flashing it's lights at me. Or so I thought. I'm freaking out about to dial 911 on the cell when the cop who's actuallay following me finally puts on his lights. I was so grateful to be pulled offer I didn't grip like usual.

bpcookie replied to jselleck's response:
LOL too funny.

Once when I lived out in the boonies somebody had called the cops on me, long story, but i was innocent anyways. He comes to the house and questions me. blah blah. A week later I threw a Halloween party, big fire out front, beer etc. My friends wanted to go 4X4ing, so I showed them a spot and we are driving around. Here comes a cop. We were on private property. oops. Pulls us over and I am dressed as a mermaid, I recognize the cop as the one who questioned me before, so being the happy person that I am and being that I have had a few beers, I start waving at him and say "hey, remember me? We are having a party, want to come over?" duh. Of course, the cop is on duty, so NO, he didnt want to come over.

bpcookie responded:
Oh, I remember some other stupid thing I did once. I parked right in front of a *no parking* sign. duh, I didnt even see it and a cop pulled up and gave me a ticket. It was a female cop, gggrrrr, its true what they say, they are jerks. I was so darn nervous after getting the ticket, that when the cop was walking away, I accidently drove into the *no parking* sign. I was sssoooo embarrassed. I thought she would give me another ticket. duh

Spotlight: Member Stories

Diagnosed 12 years ago. I Just had my insurance cancelled. I have been without meds for 8 days. Life is interesting.

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 33 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.