My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

i'm a little coconut.
sitting in a coco patch.
somebody came and stepped on me.
i am squished as you can see.
i'm a nut.
i'm a nut.
i'm a nut. i'm a nut. i'm a nut nut nut.
Need reassurance
KatieS83 posted:
I just took a major step before i go into what i did, a little background:

My mother and i had a huge falling out 6 years ago. She had contacted me after i had my son, i had every intention on trying to fix our relationship so we could at least talk. I found out she left the area right as i was going to ask her if she wanted to get together, i was super bummed out and kind of angry with her. just the other day i found her on facebook and after going back and forth on this, i added her. She accepted. I was relieved thinking she isnt angry with me. well this is what i did, I just sent her an email, i had no idea what to say, i didnt want to say the wrong thing, I told her about the new baby, and essentially asked how she was doing. I'm really nervous, frankly i'm freaking out, i'm in tears, I want my mom back in my life, and i want her to see my kids and be part of theirs. This was incredibly difficult for me to do, i just want her to see that i have grown up, and that i want to leave the past in the past. I just hope i'm doing the right thing and it wont bite me in the butt.

Thanks guys!

snowyowl33 responded:
Hey Katie,

You have taken some very big and impressive steps towards bridging the divide between you and your Mom. What you did must have taken amazing strength and I for one want to congratulate you!
You are putting out an olive branch, and I hope with with everything in me that she will also reach out, and the two of you can once again work on a good relationship. I'm sure your kids would like to spend time with their Grand Mother too!....

Be proud of yourself!

Hugs Snowy

fuzzer29 responded:
It sounds like you really went out on a ledge to try to salvage this relationship. I think that was a very brave thing for you to do, and I really hope that your efforts are rewarded. I really hope that she understands that you are an adult now, and you have grown up. I can only hope that she is as mature as you are with this. I wish you all the good luck in the world for this turning out good. It sounds like it would be a really good thing to have her in your and your childrens lives. I think that you are doing the right thing, and if she doesn't accept your efforts for some reason, as painful as that would be, just remember that you tried, and you tried to offer an olive branch and she has the problem, not you. That is unfortunately all that you can do, is try and offer. I really hope this turns out well for all of you. Please keep us informed on what happens, OK? Good luck, and big hugs too!

slik_kitty responded:
you're doing the right thing no matter what her response might be. i certainly hope that your mom responds the way you want her to. hugs
If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work - steven wright

KatieS83 responded:
Thanks guys!

To me it was a very awkward email, but one that was long over due. I did hear back from her, and it seems that we are off to a good start. I just hope i can coax her up from Florida to come see us at some point, but i dont want to get ahead of myself.

fuzzer29 replied to KatieS83's response:
I am so very happy for you! I'm very glad that she answered and that it seems to be going pretty good so far! I really hope that it continues too. That would be just great for all of you!

snowyowl33 replied to KatieS83's response:
((((((((Katie)))))))

Really glad to hear she answered you too, and I am also glad that you are both on the way to mending your relationship...good for you hon!!

Hugs
Snowy

KatieS83 replied to snowyowl33's response:
so far it seems to be going well. We've talked through email and IM. mostly about the kids, i'm trying to slowly update her on the last few years. I really wish i had done this sooner, i wanted to, but my sister pressured me not to stupid me i listened to her over making my own decision. So far so good.

slik_kitty replied to KatieS83's response:
good for you. i hope it keeps going good. grandparents are such a special part of a child's life.
If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work - steven wright

snowyowl33 replied to KatieS83's response:
That's really good news to hear Katie! ...... keeping fingers crossed everything works out really well!
Hugs
Snowy

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Debbie, and I live in Washington State and have lived there all my life. I was diagnosed with bipolar 2 back in '91 (or there about...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 2
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-090.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-124.gif ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 25 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.