My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

i'm a little coconut.
sitting in a coco patch.
somebody came and stepped on me.
i am squished as you can see.
i'm a nut.
i'm a nut.
i'm a nut. i'm a nut. i'm a nut nut nut.
Wow
KatieS83 posted:
I just owned by a really gross computer virus, I almost gave up hope of finding my way back to patch, but then! I looked again i found my little ditch in the patch!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

slik_kitty responded:
glad you made it back!
If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work - steven wright

KatieS83 replied to slik_kitty's response:
so am i! i was getting really scared!

bpcookie responded:
Those nasty viruses are awful. I have had many on my computer and my poor husband has to work hours to remove them. hugs hun. Glad your back on the patch.

KatieS83 replied to bpcookie's response:
I get them once in a great while, usually when i do get them its time for a clean install of windows, so that usually gets rid of it. They suck to remove if you dont do a reinstall, i've done it. I believe in the KISS theory

bipolargal responded:
I'm curious if you have gotten viruses while you are using anti-virus programs. I just want to know if I still need to be careful, because I have put my faith in my anti-virus program to protect me.

I have never gotten a virus, but I did once get one of those ads that keeps popping up, and telling me to buy their program to stop that ad from popping up. It's kinda like blackmailing you to purchase their program.

slik_kitty replied to bipolargal's response:
oh man when those programs started popping up on my computer, my computer ended up totally crashing. they'd installed a virus on my computer so i would buy their product. took me days to back up my hard drive so i could restore it to it's original condition.

i use avast and i don't have any problems with viruses. a few things might get through, but nothing that i can't get rid of with another program. it constantly updates the virus database so i have all the current information to fight the viruses. plus it's free.
If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work - steven wright

KatieS83 replied to bipolargal's response:
BPG, the pop ups you are talking about are called Spy-ware/ Mal-ware which is a form of a virus, it can open you up to getting a virus. In my experience the only times i get virus' is when i use an anti virus usually cuz someone (cough cough my hubz) is pushing me to try a new one. I can give you the name of a good Anti spy-ware program that's easy to use if you want.

KatieS83 replied to slik_kitty's response:
Kitty

LOL Avast was the Antivirus i was just using when this happened LOL. Not saying their product isnt good, i'm sure it is, because it was fine for months, i may have gotten a bad copy or maybe missed out on an update <shrug> I"m not below running a trial of a well known anti virus here and there!

IrwinsLady replied to KatieS83's response:
meow

bpcookie replied to IrwinsLady's response:
LOL meow? bark

KatieS83 replied to bpcookie's response:
purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

hmmmmmm Meow!

fuzzer29 replied to bpcookie's response:
OK- hiss!

fuzzer29 replied to KatieS83's response:
I use AVG free, and Super anti spyware- my pc is sooooo screwed up ever since my dad "fixed: it! LOL!

slik_kitty replied to KatieS83's response:
like it. some things do get through but i have other programs to run that will catch what gets through. it's that malware stuff that comes in those pop up windows that's the worst. i managed to get two years virus free until my motherboard blew, no virus, it just blew. so got the new motherboard and am still running avast. you gotta keep it running at all times for it to work right.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey, I am audra. I am 22, married for almost three years and have a son who will be 3 in march :). I was recently diagnossed with having manic depress...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 2
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-090.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-124.gif ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 25 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.