Skip to content

Announcements

i'm a little coconut.
sitting in a coco patch.
somebody came and stepped on me.
i am squished as you can see.
i'm a nut.
i'm a nut.
i'm a nut. i'm a nut. i'm a nut nut nut.
learning to walk again.
margaroo posted:
I'll make this short because my first attempt vanished. Desktop died. Had to get a laptop. This is going to take a bit getting used to. If you don't hear from me, I'm OK, but the laptop feels a little foreign to me right now. It feels like I am wearing my first pair of high heels again.

Hugs to all,

Maggie
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

snowyowl33 responded:
Maggiepie!!!!!! good to see you hon, ahh Laptops are a piece of cake! (bwahahahah.... this would be why I keep asking everyone how to do things!! heheheh) You'll do just fine! (watch out for the manhole covers... )

How are all the Shower plans going?? are you excited???
details details!

Hugs Snowy

margaroo replied to snowyowl33's response:
Snowy,

The shower is Saturday 9/4 and I am really excited. My daughter will be flying in Friday and will stay until Sunday. She will be able to spend some one on one time with her grandmother. My daughter moved to northern California 5 years ago for college, and she hasn't been able to spend much time with my MIL.

The wedding is now 7 weeks away. I mailed the invitations out Friday. I sent one to my friend in London and one to her daughter in Toronto, and we are making bets what day the invites will arrive. Accounting for the Canadian postal system, I am guessing they will arrive Friday, 9/3.

Things are coming together nicely for the wedding. If only I could get this laptop under control. For some reason I can reduce the size of the screen 75%, and the letters look like ants. I searched through some screens and found out how to magnify the screens, but I am afraid that they will magically reduce at a whim. Once I just waved my hand over the keyboard and a window popped up.

Oops, I almost lost this screen, so I am going to sign off.

Miss you guys.

Hugs to all and an extra hug to those who need it. You know who you are.

Maggie

snowyowl33 replied to margaroo's response:
OOOPS!! sorry Maggiepie, I totally missed this post! Kitty must have had her big fuzzy tail on it... .... Congrats on getting you invites out and yes our mail system sucks HUGE it can take 10 days to get a letter from Vancouver island to Ottawa.... umm hello? are they traveling by dog sled??? ugh I hate it, and they are paid WAYYYYY too much money for that crappy service! (union rant sorry)
Great to hear your daughter will spend time with the MIL, that's really great!
7 weeks eh? how is the Mother of the bride doing??? .. awww don't forget to tuck a kleenex in your sleeve...

Big Hugs... you've worked sooo hard on this, I'm sure your daughter will be very proud of you!

Snowy

margaroo replied to snowyowl33's response:
Snowy,

Yes, the US postal system is better. A few people received their invites Saturday and I got their response cards Tuesday.

This MOB is doing better and I plan to have a box of tissues next to me wherever I go. I am one to cry over sentimental cards, so I forecast a major flood several times over the next 6 weeks.

margaroo replied to margaroo's response:
Damn it! I used spell used spell check and it wouldn't let me back into the message to sign off.

I can't post a smiey here or even find the cut and paste on this friggin laptop!

(deep breath.....inhale - re..... exhale- lax) re.....lax......re....lax....

Ohm....
Maggie

snowyowl33 replied to margaroo's response:
..omg! Maggiepie you make me howl!!!! ... ok... um Kitty taught me this one... to COPY you use Command and C together, and to PASTE you use Command and V together....
... um I think PC's have Command.... if not it's the button right beside the long space bar on the right..... with me so far??

I still haven't figured out how to do spell check on this laptop....it underlines everything in red that is says is spelled wrong (including all Canadian spellings of words! HUMPH) but I have no idea how to open up the options or make it right without going to Google... sigh, sometimes I can't be bothered... bwahahahahah...

Oooooooh awwww your baby comes home in 2 days!!! yippy!!..I can just imagine the tears and hugs and talking and ohhhhhhhh don't forget something borrowed and something blue! .. and is there a something new too?? ( k that's rhyms (sp!) too much) ....

I would love to see a picture of you all dressed up in your MOB outfit with the Boa!! heheheheee

Big Hugs Hon... you've done your daughter proud!!

Snowy
(yes, the US postal system is FAR better than the Canadian one...I agree totally!)

slik_kitty replied to snowyowl33's response:
the command key is the ctrl key on a pc, for us smarter people. mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work - steven wright

Spotlight: Member Stories

About Me I live in sunny, steaming hot, Arizona. I've been married for 10 yrs and have a daughter who is 17. Also my dog who was 20 yrs old. just...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 33 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.