My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

i'm a little coconut.
sitting in a coco patch.
somebody came and stepped on me.
i am squished as you can see.
i'm a nut.
i'm a nut.
i'm a nut. i'm a nut. i'm a nut nut nut.
Hey, update
MeezaWanzaPeezaPizza posted:
Umm. Okay, so I don't know what to say except I haven't had the desire to cut in quite a while. I just finished smoking a cigarette and said it would be my last, but I think quitting cold turkey doesn't work, but this is the second time I've relapsed and I hate spending extra money on patches, ugh. I guess whatever it takes. Anyhow, I have started back on the extra anti-depressant, loxapine, along with Cymbalta (anti-depressant), and lamotrigine (mood stabilizer, generic brand for Lamictal). so hopefully the Loxapine will help with the depression,, except that it gives me crazy dreams, but I don't mind,, I love crazy dreams!!! lol Anyway, it's still hard for me, I'm having to get over other things as well. Today I saw a t.v. show called "Weird or What" on discovery. It was talking about the human mind and it's capabilities to go beyond the outer limits,, and I was wondering, "If my mind is capable of doing more than what it thinks it can, then I can quit all this stuff,, if I just keep telling myself, I can , I can, I can, I can, I will, I will". Mind over matter I guess? Anyway, Kids are BOTH in school now,, one in pre-k , one in Kinder. I'm finally free! Have been getting loads of housework done and trying to keep my mind busy so it doesn't stray and I don't do anything stupid again. Well, that's all I have to talk about today. I hope everyone here is having a wonderful day. I would stay and real all your lovely discussions but I really have so much to do in 50 minutes before I go and pick up the kids! Peace. : ) Bye the way, is quitting cold turkey possible without having relapse if you have only picked up smoking for about a month or two???

slik_kitty responded:
so glad things are going good for you. sounds like things have calmed down now and so have you. hugs. quitting cold turkey is possible, but it is so much harder than doing it with the patch.
If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work - steven wright

snowyowl33 responded:
Hi Hon, congrats to you! re smoking .. yes, you can quit cold turkey by using a combination of the patch, and homeopathic meds and herbal tinctures. I quit after smoking after 35 years of it, and as of October this year it will be three years since I've had one. I didn't use the patch tho, I used Chamtix (I think that's what it's called in the States,) but it's very expensive and you'll have to check with your doc about it first. Also Wellbutrin is helpful for controlling cravings.. again these things have to be talked about with your doc..

Good luck

slik_kitty replied to snowyowl33's response:
one warning about chantix is that it can lead to depression and suicidal ideation. so be very careful if you go that route.
If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work - steven wright

bipolargal replied to snowyowl33's response:
Wow Snowy, it's very inspiring to hear that you quit after smoking for so long. Unfortunately, we both smoke too, so it is nice to hear your story.

Slik is correct about warning about Chantix. When my normally mellow wife tried Chantix, she was totally irritable, and angry. You could see a big difference in her personality. Currently on TV, I have seen these ads for law firms who are looking for clients who have taken Chantix, and have medical problems which are linked to persons who used it.

snowyowl33 replied to bipolargal's response:
Wow, that's interesting re the TV ad's and Chantix... I know there are risks involved, as there was with Zyban (wellbutrin) when it first came out. Some people have zero problems with it, and some people have extreme issues with it. Zyban sent me right over the edge, because it is an anti depessant, and at the time I was not on any other drugs (drug holiday...) so it sent me off into space, and then I crashed hard on it...
Champax (as it's called here) also has the same warnings as all anti depressants.. depression, suiciial issues etc..as a possible side effect. I only had minor intestinal problems and great dreams!! but did go through a mild depression and irritability when off it .. However my friend got insomnia, and when he did sleep he got nightmares and his moods were all over the map. So I guess each person reacts differently... thus always check and discuss things with you doc.

Thanks Bpg, my first week was the worst, because I was much more mentally addicted to it than physically. It's out of your system in 3 to 4 days, but mentally for the first week I wanted to rip people's heads off, and the rage that came up... unreal. So I went down to the health food store and got homeopathic pills to help with rage, cravings and addition and also picked up a tincture for helping calm the body..

Everyone will quit when they're ready and for whatever reason. You have to be ready inside, and until you are, no one can tell you to quit.... (I am NOT a nazi non smoker...because I've been there and who am I to tell anyone else how to live they're life re smoking...)

Ok I rambled on here... sorry ....

Big hugs to you and Kitty too!

Snowy

MeezaWanzaPeezaPizza replied to snowyowl33's response:
unfortunately I can't afford chantix. I am going to try and gradually quit and use other methods of getting over it, like chewing on gum, exercising, hot tea, just whatever works for me. Snowy, I'm glad you have quit for three years now, that's great! Update on meds. Yesterday they put me on an extra mood stabilizer, so I'm on two mood stabilizers now and two antidepressants. Of course one of the antidepressants I don't have to take unless I really need it. Anyway, God has answered prayer for me and took away some of my desires to do evil, lol. I'm so glad. : )

snowyowl33 replied to MeezaWanzaPeezaPizza's response:
Good Luck with your trying to quit smoking! Everyone is different, and only you know what's best for you. Take one day at a time, and never ever say I am quitting for the rest of my life... that's to long a period... say to yourself, I am quitting for today, say that everyday as it's more realistic goal, and less pressure on you.

I'm sure the new meds will also help... let s know how your doing...

Hugs Snowy

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 43 M/W/F of course my husband, my two beautiful daughters, two son-in-laws and two absolutley gorgeous Grandaughters. i have 10 brothers & si...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 1
these will knock your socks off. snowy finally got her drooling smilie! copy the url below. click on add image above the posting window. ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.