My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

i'm a little coconut.
sitting in a coco patch.
somebody came and stepped on me.
i am squished as you can see.
i'm a nut.
i'm a nut.
i'm a nut. i'm a nut. i'm a nut nut nut.
I need a listening ear..
KatieS83 posted:
My Fiancee and i have been together for 3 years, we have 2 great kids together, and i'm faced with having to make a huge and painful decision. I've known from day 1 he was bad with money, what i didnt realize was what a financial parasite he was. His money is his money, my money is his money (when i have some money that is, which rare). My best friend of 16 years, her MiL gave me a cell phone back in february, it had 200 minutes a month, which is more then i need for what i use a phone for. Well my other half's phone ran out of money, i told him he could use my phone JUST to job hunt and only that. I found out that he was using the phone for other calls (to his friends etc) when i wasnt around, he would take the phone without asking and make calls. Up until that point, i had over 700 roll over minutes banked (which means i was hardly using 100 minutes a month). Well It turns out that he used the 200 minutes, plus the 700 banked roll over minutes, PLUS the extra 700 shared minutes, and still ran up $200 in overages. I'm so mad (isnt the real word i'd like to use), He has NOT apologized to me, my best friend, her husband anyone for this. Hes now digging his heels in the ground about paying it. Yes we dont have the money to pay it in full, we've sent $50, but i'm the one taking all the heat on this, its really bumming me out, i dont know how to explain to my friends husband our situation without sounding like i'm defending my other half (which i'm all done doing). Had he not used the phone at all, this bill wouldnt exsist at all. This is just final straw for me. I havent been really happy for a long time, hes so insensitive, and just doesnt care about me or the kids (referring to his actions), I never get any help from him with anything! I've told him many times lately i'm not happy with him, i'm not happy with the relationship, i want out, he goes off on these rants about how i'm money hungry and this and that. Which i'm not, I havent been able to buy myself clothes in 2 years (since i had my son), Everything i get money wise, goes to fixing the car, fixing his screw ups (A car accident he was in recently), and the kids. Theres never anything left over for me. I dont know what to do, I have no where to go if i do leave, and no way to get there, as he tells he will report the car stolen if i take the car (since its his names) He's such a jerk, i know it, i know i need to leave him, but i dont know how.
Thanks for the rant, i feel a little more clear now. at least i might be able to make dinner for me and kids, he can starve for all i care!

slik_kitty responded:
kick him out. he can have the car and you get the house. he he he. seriously, if things are this bad, then find a way to get out of there. you can get bus tickets for you and the kids if you need to leave the city to find a place to stay. once you are out of there, your money can go for providing for you and your kids.
If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work - steven wright

KatieS83 replied to slik_kitty's response:
after i put the kids to bed, i dragged him outside and tore into him (not my first line of defense btw) I gave him and ultimatum....he has 48 hours to accept my request for couples counciling or i'm leaving. if he says hell no to the counsling i'm out. I told him if he agrees to it, he has to take it seriously if he wants this to work. So basically hes damned if he does (and doesnt take it seriously) and totally Eff'd if he doesnt. I also made him man up about that cell phone bill and send my friend husband an email explaining that it was his fault, etc, he will pay it back. We'll see what happens. Dont get me wrong, when he's not acting like this he is great partner, and fantastic dad, but he goes through these phases where he unbearable (i'm seriously thinking he might be bi-polar), i know he has ADHD which isnt being managed because of no insurance.

And the Cat OMG the Cat. This animal has been camping out in between the floors where all the insulation is for 4 days, she sneaks out to eat and poop, then runs right back up there, we actually have to borrow a humane trap from animal control so we can catch her, and lock the doors to that room.

Although it may sound it, I am NOT defending him. my ultimatum stands lol

KatieS83 replied to KatieS83's response:
oh yeah and he did apologize to them too. I wish i could grow brain cells in a cereal bowl

slik_kitty replied to KatieS83's response:
good for you. hold your ground on this.
If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work - steven wright

KatieS83 replied to slik_kitty's response:
will do my damnedest!

Spotlight: Member Stories

About Me I live in sunny, steaming hot, Arizona. I've been married for 10 yrs and have a daughter who is 17. Also my dog who was 20 yrs old. just...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 33 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.