Skip to content

Announcements

i'm a little coconut.
sitting in a coco patch.
somebody came and stepped on me.
i am squished as you can see.
i'm a nut.
i'm a nut.
i'm a nut. i'm a nut. i'm a nut nut nut.
Thanksgiving Eve Story
ibex7 posted:
It's the day before Thanksgiving and the Goat enters from behind a large coconut tree. Looking for any of his cocopals, he is downhearted having looked at the CocoSpa, at CocoBeach, over at Kitty's, and at SnowyOwls' too. Where is everybody?

Then, in flash of cerebral thought, (difficult since goats do not have cerebrum) he remembers that Black Friday is coming soon! Everybody must be out shopping for special sales on everything from flat screen TVs to toys, and cell phones to MP3 players. Everybody is so busy shopping, they are all ordering their Thanksgiving dinners catered this year and will eat watching their favorite NFL stars do battle at 42, 46, 52, or more inches of LCD. Wow, times have changed.

Not so long ago, the goat recalls, Mama Goat gathered Ibex and all the other little goats together at dinnertime. She would have them take turns reciting the things they were thankful for and why they were thankful. Ibex remembers all the others whom he loved back then, and a tear splashes in the sand ahead of his next step.

They are what the Goat is most thankful for this year and you, my friends, are among those precious folks.

Who, or what, are you thankful for ????
Success is not meeting the challenge of life's tragedies, it's remembering how to dance.  -Sammy Davis Jr.

bpcookie responded:
Happy Gobble Gobble Goat!!!!! I am thankful for my husband, my daughter, my dog Chewy, my dog Cookie may she RIP, my father and my mother. I am also thankful that my husband works at a wonderful place with wonderful ppl.

Also I am very thankful for all my buddies I have met on the boards. Your all so very wonderful and I love you all.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!! muahs

slik_kitty responded:
here's a shock. some of us stay away from stores thanksgiving weekend.

we still do a family get together, but the number of us has gotten smaller. i miss my grandparents.

i'm thankful for my family, all my friends here, and my kitty who is sitting next to me kneading on her favorite fuzzy orange blanket.

nice to see ya goat. sorry it's so slow on here. don't know where everyone is. all of our boards are slow lately.
If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work - steven wright

ibex7 replied to slik_kitty's response:
Just thinking, Kitty, that depending on an unstable economy and the pressing early for an encouraging financial outlook for the Christmas shopping season, has enhanced Black Friday interest to overshadow yet another national religious holiday.

I suggest we internalize our feelings and take time to count our blessings as closely as we count calories and our bank balances.
Success is not meeting the challenge of life's tragedies, it's remembering how to dance. -Sammy Davis Jr.

slik_kitty replied to ibex7's response:
so true. everywhere you look it's all about black friday. even online games have black friday specials. no one decorates for thanksgiving any more in the stores. it's halloween, then straight to xmas and black friday. it's depressing to see how the truth of the season gets lost.
If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work - steven wright

bpcookie replied to slik_kitty's response:
I did the black friday thing only once and never wanted to do it ever again.

Me and my sister waited outside a store for a few hours. There was a long line of ppl and then of course some azz holes who werent in line at all. When the doors opened everyone rushed in. The line cutters were forcing their way into the door so when I got to the door, there was NO way I was going to let ANYONE cut in front of me. I was so pissed off. The next store that we went to, we were in line inside the store to get specific toys. Once again two ladies took cuts. I walked to the front of the store and started yelling to everyone in line saying "are you guys gonna put up with this? come on, lets do something about it.". These stupid ppl in line just looked at me, they did nothing and said nothing, so when the guy went to hand the toy to one of the ladies who cut in the line, my sister grabbed the toy right out of her hand and walked away. ROFL. I frigging loved it.

slik_kitty replied to bpcookie's response:
did it once, but they were out of what i went for, so i just went home. now we have cyber monday so who needs to go out and fight the crowds. he he he.

that's funny what your sister did. that would so piss me off too.

bpcookie replied to slik_kitty's response:
LOL yea, my sister has doesnt take crap. LOL. Is there really a cyber monday? if so, how cool is that?

slik_kitty replied to bpcookie's response:
there is a cyber monday. same kind of thing as black friday, but on the net. it's the monday after thanksgiving.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 43 M/W/F of course my husband, my two beautiful daughters, two son-in-laws and two absolutley gorgeous Grandaughters. i have 10 brothers & si...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 2
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-090.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-124.gif ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 25 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.