Skip to content

Announcements

i'm a little coconut.
sitting in a coco patch.
somebody came and stepped on me.
i am squished as you can see.
i'm a nut.
i'm a nut.
i'm a nut. i'm a nut. i'm a nut nut nut.
'Tis the Season to Be Jolly
ibex7 posted:
Today makes exactly one week since Black Friday. If you all will endulge my vent, yesterday was December 3rd.

I received Christmas cards from two of my granddaughters, each one describing a special Christmas wish. The oldest, a freshman at my alma mater, after a very brief "Happy Holiday", got straight to business and requested an advance of $500 on her family scholarship for a deposit on Teaching Seminar Trip to Chicago Schools in January.

(hmmmmm . . . although it's very hard, Goat began thinking)

The second holiday card came from the youngest seventh grader in the family. Along with a two-page seasonal letter from her mother, a separate page described an upcoming three-day field trip to (guess where) Chicago and the Museum of Science and Industry, Aquarium, etc. The advance payment for this little extra-curricular is only $1,259. This includes transportation, meals, two overnite semi private lodge spaces, and daytime entertainment for whatever 7th graders do when they aren't captivated by the next new personal electronic device.

(the blare of an internal warning device interrupted an otherwise peaceful mental connection with his grandgirls, and Goat gasped at once . . . then sighed deeply.

are these kids the source of doubt, he wondered, that is being released on society each passing year? after a moment, Goat summoned his faith, and concentrated on ways he had learned to "Dodge the hot potato.")

Be jolly, my friends, and guard your hearts.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

slik_kitty responded:
sorry rodger. we've become such a gimme society. besides, that wasn't right to make the grandkids ask when the parents should have been the ones doing the asking and not tying it in with xmas wishes. hugs
If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work - steven wright

ibex7 replied to slik_kitty's response:
Personal note to Kitty,

Greater issues exist with the girls' mother than should be aired on this forum. Thanks for caring. Ho ho ho

slik_kitty replied to ibex7's response:
so sorry. hugs
If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work - steven wright

Thanks double to you Kitty, I'll figure out what to next this evening. Anybody else have ideas for this Christmas Gift dilema??

Standing on his hind legs, Goat mysteriously shuffles the contents of the top drawer of his bureau. With a sudden gleam in his eye, he produces a small, but festive, pine branch wreath with a neat red ribbon bow attached at it's base.

Carefully he hangs the decoration outside the gate to Kitty's goatpen, stops briefly to admire his work, then trots to the shade of a coconut tree where he curls before napping.

slik_kitty replied to ibex7's response:
awwww thanks goat. that was sweet.

snowyowl33 responded:
my heart just broke..... into a million tiny pieces.. it's lying shattered on the floor....guess I didn't guard it will enough...

slik_kitty replied to snowyowl33's response:
what's wrong snowy? huge hugs

snowyowl33 replied to slik_kitty's response:
see main board....I'm losing everyone.. and it's too much...

ibex7 replied to snowyowl33's response:
In thirty years of therapy/treatment, the best moves I have made with few exceptions, is to trust the recommendations of my docs. Some professionals I have consulted have become great friends as well, butt others have changed as quickly as you changer a flat tire.

My best crumb of advice is to trust your professionals with a belief that their committment to you is equal to your trust in them. Finding new support from your family might also help. Whatever you decide, we'll be waiting for you when you're set to come back here to the 'patch'.
Any complaint you have of a friend's attitude, should best be absorbed in the friendship. -Unknown

snowyowl33 replied to ibex7's response:
No one in my 2 member family knows anything about my health and neither do my friends.. that's just the way i am. This therapist and I lock horns a lot, but I like her drive and considered her friend, so that is why I am crushed.... but it's her way or the highway... and she just put me on a bus. I feel that a pdoc has a much better understanding of BP meds and am going to focus on getting that instead... if she's willing to see me just as a therapist, I would love that but I doubt she will.

I feel terribly alone and abandoned right now..

ibex7 replied to snowyowl33's response:
So very sorry, Snowy. (((((Owl)))))
Any complaint you have of a friend's attitude, should best be absorbed in the friendship. -Unknown

bpcookie replied to snowyowl33's response:
aaawwww honey face *cookie kisses snowy's heart*. Listen sweetie, I will never abandon you. Your my buddy, my twisted sista, my little ray of sun shine. hugs honey

snowyowl33 replied to ibex7's response:
(((((((((Goat)))))))

Owl would like it if you would check in on me occasionally....being broken isn't a good place to be....

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey, I am audra. I am 22, married for almost three years and have a son who will be 3 in march :). I was recently diagnossed with having manic depress...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 33 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.