My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

i'm a little coconut.
sitting in a coco patch.
somebody came and stepped on me.
i am squished as you can see.
i'm a nut.
i'm a nut.
i'm a nut. i'm a nut. i'm a nut nut nut.
life has been derailed by mental illness. I'm a nut.
An_187846 posted:
New to the group. I've been anxious since I was 12, depressed since 17, and now at 30, my life is officially off-track. Went to law school, had a nervous breakdown, couldn't take the bar, and now, almost three years later, I have no job, little hope, and living with my parents. Rewind 7 years - double major summa cum laude college graduate with an awesome LSAT score. How did it all go so horribly wrong and how do I now start afresh? Oh- and sending out resumes for any job under the sun, nothing - not even a nibble of interest. Not sure I could work right now even if the job landed in my lap. I implore again, how do I start afresh?

slik_kitty responded:
welcome to the board. it isn't very busy here, but at least i check it a couple of times a day. i was just awol yesterday playing video games. lol

what's your diagnosis? are you seeing a pdoc and a therapist? that's a good place to start. my world fell apart when i had a nervous breakdown, but i was able to pull out of it with therapy and meds.
If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work - steven wright

ibex7 responded:
Please let me introduce myself, Anon-70. I'm the old goat of the CocoPatch and I'm a nut, too.

At 64, I've had two marriages, six children, 29 jobs and both successes and failures. With many variations, each time I failed, there has been enough hope to begin again.

This is a great group of nuts! And we'll all stand to help if we can. (Hugs to Kitty)
Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement. - Will Rogers

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mother of one. He is 6 years old. I was diagnosed as bipolar about a year and a half ago. My husband did not know how to deal with my manic epi...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 33 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.