Skip to content

Announcements

i'm a little coconut.
sitting in a coco patch.
somebody came and stepped on me.
i am squished as you can see.
i'm a nut.
i'm a nut.
i'm a nut. i'm a nut. i'm a nut nut nut.
life has been derailed by mental illness. I'm a nut.
An_187847 posted:
New to the group. I've been anxious since I was 12, depressed since 17, and now at 30, my life is officially off-track. Went to law school, had a nervous breakdown, couldn't take the bar, and now, almost three years later, I have no job, little hope, and living with my parents. Rewind 7 years - double major summa cum laude college graduate with an awesome LSAT score. How did it all go so horribly wrong and how do I now start afresh? Oh- and sending out resumes for any job under the sun, nothing - not even a nibble of interest. Not sure I could work right now even if the job landed in my lap. I implore again, how do I start afresh?

An_239573 responded:
Hi, An_, Although all experience's are not the same, I've been through a pretty heavy spiral myself. Took me a long time to hit bottom and an even longer time to start climbing back up.
I definately was not able to work. Didn't know what to do. Like you, I lost all hope. What got my head working again was going to school. I pretty much worked my way through various continuing ed. programs at a university and kept my brain going in a low stress, positive environment. Each class completed gave me more confidence and hope. I'm still no where near where I was career wise, but do have hope again and have regained confidence to re-enter my old field. Hope this helps...

Spotlight: Member Stories

I live in Los Angeles, in the great state of California. What other state would have the "Terminator" as governor? I have been married to a...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 33 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.