Skip to content

Announcements

i'm a little coconut.
sitting in a coco patch.
somebody came and stepped on me.
i am squished as you can see.
i'm a nut.
i'm a nut.
i'm a nut. i'm a nut. i'm a nut nut nut.
OVERLAP
Doxielover10 posted:
I am under house arrest because I died and came back and other interesting disorders. My doc took my keys since I don't like people telling me what to do LOL. My experience will take forever, as I looked for things to do, I started reading posts on here from different times and days
but the same issues and neither party got any replies.

We are here to get HELP !!! Maybe one night all who can come with issues they are having can get input from other group members.

Let me know, I'm not going anywhere.

BEST
Ally

ibex7 responded:
Ally,

I know what you mean. I'm on the time-out rug, myself just now. Welcome and let the fine group of great friends see if we can help you. goat
Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement. - Will Rogers

slik_kitty responded:
this isn't the busiest of boards, but there are some of us who pop in. so post whatever you want.
If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work - steven wright

Doxielover10 replied to slik_kitty's response:
YEAH, IF I DEVELOP A RELATIONSHIP WITH IBEX7'S GOAT I CAN.

A

Doxielover10 replied to ibex7's response:
OMG IBEX , why on earth are you concerned about being bipolar ? Honey bipolar disorder is nothing more than chemistry. I am an ATROCIOUS rapid cycling bipolar, If you saw me you would see a business woman perfectly groomed, not a hair out of place and when I lived in New York a Hell's Angel started messing with me and I took a scalpel out of my purse and shredded the seat on his Harley and then cut his neck. There was not a person alive that would believe it, now you can believe all the stuff I did, at that time I had not been diagnosed. I have been housebound for quite awhile because I was taking lithium and to this day no one knows what happened but I arrived DOA at the ER in total renal failure from the lithium, my life has been a living nightmare since then, so don't worry

HUGS
ALLY

ibex7 replied to Doxielover10's response:
Bottom line, Doxie,
You can accept the support and encouragement provided by people willing to call you friend, here in the Cocopatch, or feel you are so exceptional that you need'nt give other folks a break. Your call. -goat
Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement. - Will Rogers

Doxielover10 replied to ibex7's response:
What do you mean ? I'm so sorry, what did I do ?

I think I told you I was having surgery, I'm in the hospital. I'm really upset, all I was trying to say is that I'm someone that understands, no one who does not have this horrific disease can understand.

I take $40,000 worth of medication which has made me gain weight, feel like crap and I'll admit to thinking about ending it on more than one occasion.

You have no idea what a nightmare this whole year has been, I am not allowed out alone, my keys were taken, I don't haven even one friend here but I have found that unless they or a close relative has had it, they do not want to bother.

I'm sorry for whatever I did

Best
Ally

slik_kitty replied to Doxielover10's response:
hey doxie, ibex (or goat as he is fondly called) has been around here for years and has his bp under control. i think you mistook what he first said. he was offering you a hand to help you, not asking for help himself.

i'm sorry things are so hard for you right now, but what is going on is probably in your best interest. to keep you safe. you seem to be on alot of meds, but still seem to be out of control. have you tried different med combos to get it under control. we are all really good at hiding the turmoil inside of us, but it is imperative that we get it under control. no matter what we do, whether manic or depressed, we are still responsible for our actions and must accept the consequences of them.
If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work - steven wright

Doxielover10 replied to slik_kitty's response:
I am an exceptionally horrific rapid cycling BP, I am really lucky that my shrink is world renowned on the treatment of this disease and he said I'm either 1 or 2 the worst bipolar he has ever treated.

We tried every single drug on the market but I was always manic. Man the adrenalin would start pumping and I was going to deck someone, I have before. When we reached the end of the line I had to choose between lithium or ECT. I DID NOT want to take lithium. First it destroyed my thyroid, then a few months later I arrived DOA at the ER in total renal failure due to lithium toxcicity , it was downhill from there, I won't bore you, actually you would not believe it.

I don't smoke, drink and have never had an illegal drug in my life.

When I read Ibex's post I thought he felt uncomfortable with his diagnosis,. As a matter of fact a woman who is no longer a patient of my Psychiatrist for obvious reasons. She was married and she could not keep it in her pants, which is one of the side effects of BP. She and her husband were informed of her diagnosis and she ran screaming from his office, it's a lie 5000 times, she went out to the parking lot , took all her clothes off and was running all over the parking lot. Some people are ashamed. Anyway, if you want me to leave the group, let me know.

THANKS
ALLISON

slik_kitty replied to Doxielover10's response:
no, i don't want you to leave the group. you are welcome to post here. i just didn't want any misunderstandings.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Debbie, and I live in Washington State and have lived there all my life. I was diagnosed with bipolar 2 back in '91 (or there about...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 1
these will knock your socks off. snowy finally got her drooling smilie! copy the url below. click on add image above the posting window. ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.