My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

i'm a little coconut.
sitting in a coco patch.
somebody came and stepped on me.
i am squished as you can see.
i'm a nut.
i'm a nut.
i'm a nut. i'm a nut. i'm a nut nut nut.
What is with ....... ????
margaroo posted:
Some of you knew who DoOvers was when s(he) first posted a few weeks ago. What is the story? Am I the only one who thinks she tends to takes over some of the discussions? She makes it well known that she has an advanced degree and feels qualified to advise on sensitive subjects. We are here to support, not to be preached to.

I do not have a PhD., but I like to think I have a lot of experience and practical as well as advanced education.

Maggie
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

slik_kitty responded:
he was this way before he got his degree and rubbed many people the wrong way when he was here before. i just choose to ignore him because pointing out his faults to him does no good cuz he thinks so highly of himself.
If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work - steven wright

margaroo replied to slik_kitty's response:
Thanks Kitty, I'll follow your advice.

mercygive replied to margaroo's response:
Hi Maggie,

When I read DoOvers response to the postings regarding Asperger's Syndrome my first reaction was 'Ooh — Yikes.' I'm glad you posted about this. I thought you might have been personally offended and I was taken back by his critical remarks in response to the newcomer. He proceeded to educate (good) but then finished up with you as though you needed his prompting to do what was 'best for both." You must have learned something during the last 25 years.

Often, the education would continue for me if we could slow down to ask questions. Many times I think if I don't post it all right away I won't ever have the chance to post again. Many posters do not express themselves well in writing and also if they're hurried or frantic they may short cut their questions and others who are hurried may short cut their responses. Even though we are all allowed our faults and imperfections, we still expect more from our members who also participate as professionals. I'm not a doctor nor do I hold an advanced degree nor do I feel I need to meet any special criteria to offer support here whether on my best or worst day.

I'm not a mother and have no idea what it is to be enmeshed with a child, especially a child with a disability. But I am a witness to my mother's relationship with my brother (hyper-active child and now adult at 50 - with schizophrenia) all of her/his life because there was/is no father around to pick up the reigns. It has worn my mother down to almost nothing over the years to do it alone (I help some) and she herself has struggled with major depression all of her life.

My mother was in therapy for many years with her doctor of choice. After many years of therapy and confidential sharing her doctor is not able to walk in her shoes anymore than she is able to walk in his.

Mercy

margaroo replied to mercygive's response:
Thank you, Mercy.

Maggie

ddnos replied to margaroo's response:
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Maggie}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Just because

Debbie

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 43 M/W/F of course my husband, my two beautiful daughters, two son-in-laws and two absolutley gorgeous Grandaughters. i have 10 brothers & si...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 33 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.