Skip to content

Announcements

i'm a little coconut.
sitting in a coco patch.
somebody came and stepped on me.
i am squished as you can see.
i'm a nut.
i'm a nut.
i'm a nut. i'm a nut. i'm a nut nut nut.
Patch's Big Saturday Night Movie
ibex7 posted:
The Tarantula is tonight's Sci-Fi/Horror flick. Made in 1959, it stars Leo G. Caroll and John Agar.

The arachnoid is the largest of test animals of a mad scientist, who also produces pony size rats and horse size guinea pigs. Being the only venomous species (the size of a small mansion), the giant spider easily mames and disfigures humans with its poison.

About as much excitement as an ol' goat can take any more on Saturday nite.
What old movies do you remember that really rev you up????
Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement - Will Rodgers
FirstPrevious12NextLast

slik_kitty responded:
squirm, frogs and the birds. all three delightfully creepy. he he he
If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work - steven wright

ibex7 replied to slik_kitty's response:
Yes, Kitty,

All three were weird. Do you think we are the only ones who favor old sci-fi and horror flicks??
Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement - Will Rodgers

slik_kitty replied to ibex7's response:
looks like it. lol
If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work - steven wright

BTW Kitty,

Let's try a new approach to get a few more visitors to the Patch.

Here's a Cash Cab question for $100 on Tarantula.

A actor who eventually became very famous, had a small early role as a jet pilot, (his face mostly covered by his oxygen mask), fired a missle into the eight-legged nemesis. Watch the board for the answer later this week.

I had no idea that's where he got started. i had to cheat, cuz i had no clue. lol

A Clue for the Clueless: "Go ahead, ---- -- ---!" Our jet Jockey from Trantula said this first.

make my day

You are correcto, Kitty! Clint Eastwood was a new boy in Hollywood back in 1959 and landed the role, one of his first, in Tarantula.

Your check for $100 is in the mail. Thanks for playing the game. - goat

woot!!!!! i'm gonna be rich! he he he

Kitty, I thought that was kinda' fun. (darnit)

About two years ago, the Coconut Patch was a virtual tropical haven where most of us nuts gathered for fun and relaxation and a break from the stresses of bipolar illness. It was a cyber-vacation spot where most things that happened had a laugh or smile at its base.

There was Coco Beach, the Boardwalk, CocoBar, CocoTown Shopping center, and we all walked between each other's houses over pathways in the white beach sand. I recall the CocoCops maintained order. Our virtual Clambakes were social events that everybody attended.

Isn't it amazing that I remember some of the stories that happened there as if they were more vivid than anything that actually happened back then.

BTW, do you remember the dates we had when I had a season pass to the CocoSpa? Even Snowy stopped in for a massage once in a while. I remember friendships from back then with the warmth of a community from years ago.

Thanks for the good times, friends.

yeah, it used to be alot more fun in the coco patch. i wish my friends would all come back over here. at least you have hung around. thanks! hugs

snowyowl33 replied to ibex7's response:
ummmm yes... you two are the only ones weird enough to like those movies!!! hahahahahahahahaah

skypper replied to snowyowl33's response:
LOL! Only old movies I kind of remember are The Blob and The Birds...then there's Poltergeist-which I HATE btw and The Exorcist.
My kids, who knows why love to watch every scary movie ever made like it was a movie about unicorns chasing rainbows and snuggling with bunnies...I on the other hand can not tolerate them with some side effect of nightmares and being to scared to fall asleep

Spotlight: Member Stories

Sixty seven year old bp II, just retired widower with lots of family love available to me. I escape the stigma of my illness by coming here, where ppl...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 1
these will knock your socks off. snowy finally got her drooling smilie! copy the url below. click on add image above the posting window. ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.