Skip to content

Announcements

i'm a little coconut.
sitting in a coco patch.
somebody came and stepped on me.
i am squished as you can see.
i'm a nut.
i'm a nut.
i'm a nut. i'm a nut. i'm a nut nut nut.
Network Coverage of Fort Collins Weather
ibex7 posted:
Rivers of baseball sized hailstones reported in Colorado. Terrible storms! Wondering if our Slik Kitty and family are okay. Please respond soon. Hugs
Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement - Will Rodgers

slik_kitty responded:
those severe storms are east of me. i live in a rain shadow and storms tend to pass over this area and pee elsewhere. he he he. although we have gotten some really heavy rains this monsoon season. it's nice seeing all this rain. even though we've been getting alot of rain, we are still below the level we should be at.
If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work - steven wright

ibex7 replied to slik_kitty's response:
Now, there's a new descriptive term for the weather. Rain shadow. (shadow of the mountains presumed).

Here in the Midwestern plains, seasonal storms give us terms like WOOSH! and SPLASH! To wit, a little town in Arkansas had 17 inches of rain in one day! When this happens, politicians are sure to appear in public and on TV with messages to reassure the voters that they are doing all that is possible to solve the crisis. This gives rise to two other terms used widely by the citizens:

BLOWHARD!!! and CHARLATAN!!!

I hope the sun shines on you today. Hee hee.
Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement - Will Rodgers

slik_kitty replied to ibex7's response:
we've got sunshine today. i'd prefer cloudy and cool. lol.

sort of a shadow of the mtns. it will dump it's precipition in the mtns and then be dry until it hits the plains. then the plains get it. there's been rain and hail around us, but we only get spit on. lol
If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work - steven wright

Spotlight: Member Stories

I live in Los Angeles, in the great state of California. What other state would have the "Terminator" as governor? I have been married to a...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 33 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.