Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sinus Colonization
acadian410 posted:
I'm 38 yrs old female, have had sinusitis for a period of 6 years from 1997 to 2003 along with 4 sinus surgeries with in that time frame. I hemorrhaged after sinus surg. # 2, Had a biopsy after surg # 3 (found out I had Immotile Cilia Syndrome). Surg # 4 I had complication with nasal abscesses. In 2003 I was hospitalized for having MRSA in my sinuses. Was sick for a month with multiple antibiotics. I was in the hospital for 4 days and on IV therapy for 5 weeks (Vanco). In the past 5 years I have only had Bronchitis and sinusitis once. I feel great, but still have to irrigate regularly and take Flonase in the fall and spring. One thing that has not changed since having the first surgery is the dark green scab that colonizes in the window of my left maxillary sinus. I blow it or regularly. I know it's in that location from prior doctor visits. Some times I don't have pain and at other times I'm in a lot of pain until the scab softens and comes out. I can feel sick for two days and once it's out I feel better. What is this from and why do I keep getting this?

Rod_Moser_PA_PhD responded:
I am sorry, but I do not know. Your posting is really not sufficient information for me to determine a reason for this phenomena. I suggest that you address your question to your ENT -- someone that knows the details of your case.

Helpful Tips

FAQ Tip #2: Tonsilliths and Cryptic TonsilsExpert
People are often puzzled by white accumulations in their tonsils. Some feel they have Strep, yet they do not really have a red, sore ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.