Skip to content
Bump inside nose, bleeding
Njskirace48 posted:
Over the past two months, I had a nose bleed about every two weeks, it has now stopped. But I have a small bump near the tip of my nose or the inside wall of my roght nostril. I also have a small but most likely unrelated sore throat. Should I be concerned even though the bleeding has stopped?

Rod_Moser_PA_PhD responded:
It depends on the nature of this "bump". Unfortunately, I have no way of examining your nose, so you will need to see your medical provider so that you can be properly diagnosed. Are you sure this bump is the source of the bleeding?

Njskirace48 responded:
No, the bump was not the source of the bleeding. The bleeding stopped before the bump formed

Pimple-like masses can form inside the nasal passages -- often these are folliculitis (an infection of one of the hair follicules) or even a deeper infection called a furunculosis. Get your medical provider to take a look.....

Njskirace48 responded:
Is it dangerous? Or should I just be okay with time?

I don't know....If I can't see it, I have no way of making this type of determination. This is why that I suggested that you see your medical provider.

Helpful Tips

Ear and allergies
For what it's worth, my brother has been getting allergy shots for a year and the ringing in his ears has stopped..... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.