Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
mildew smell in nose
hunterdad posted:
Hello, I have a problem , when I breath in threw my nose , I have a smell of mold or mildew when i inhale, I know its not in my home(smell) because i can go to other places and still smell it. Any ideas on what this is or caused by and any kind of treatment? Thanks ken

Rod_Moser_PA_PhD responded:
Think "sinuses". Infections or congestion in the sinuses, which drain into the nose, are often a source of these aberrant smells. Treatment would depend on the diagnosis, of course, so you will need to see a medical provider for a hands-on examination first.

hunterdad responded:
Thank you

pfilion responded:
Hello
I have the same problem... What did you do to stop the smell???
Thanks
Patrick

Rod Moser, PA, PhD replied to pfilion's response:
This original posting was two years ago, Patrick. I am not sure the original poster will find your message. If you care to be a little more specific about your problems, perhaps I can help. There is really no such thing as "the same problem"....every person is different.

clinton7 replied to Rod Moser, PA, PhD's response:
whats the solution

Helpful Tips

Your Home Black BagExpert
Doctors used to carry black bags containing all the medical tools they would need for a home visit. Of course, that rarely happens anymore. ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 53 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.