Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Popping sensation in nose
KatBee posted:
For the past few months I have been experiencing a popping sensation in my nose, mostly my left nostril that is very irritating. It's at the top of my nose and when it gets really bad, it is often accompanied by a headache in my forehead or behind my eyes. My doctor told me that my left nostril was inflamed and gave me a steroid nasal spray, but it only helps a little and the pain and popping keeps coming back. Any idea what this could be? Do I need to go see an ENT for something else? It also was really bad when I when I took a plane trip recently. I was in horrible pain and my nose felt completely pressurized, like your ears normally would, but I couldn't pop my nose obviously, so it just stayed that way for hours after I landed. Any ideas?

Rod_Moser_PA_PhD responded:
Think sinues....

If your primary car doctor is not able to solve this problem, then seeing an ENT is very appropriate. Sometimes, you may need a CT of your paranasal sinuses -- the best way to image them. Keep taking the steroid sprays in the meantime....

Helpful Tips

Most People with a penicillin allergy can safely take cephalosporinsExpert
Medical providers have always been taught that if you are allergic to penicillin, you have a greater chance of also being allergic to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 61 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.